[00:01.62]Yellow Post-Its [00:04.90]Can you still find this day, my dear, among your possessions? [00:10.48]Among the souvenirs of your trips to faraway lands, [00:14.20]the textbooks from those halcyon days [00:16.94]when you walked the hallowed por

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(894) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

剧情介绍: 三岁看大,七岁看老。地球那一边的美洲大陆上,一个叫莱登(阿丽克西斯布莱德尔)的姑娘打从刚懂事起,就规划起了未来的人生目标--当个乖孩子,做个模范生,顺顺当当升入理想的大学,荣誉毕业,再找一份如意的工作,住进一间精致的公寓,从此过着幸福快乐的

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语听力

第49期:Mailing a Letter in the Post Office Y:I'd like to send this to Chicago. Y:我想把这封信寄到芝加哥去。 X:Air mail or surface mail? X:航空还是陆运呢? Y:Air mail,please. Y:航空吧。 X:Please put it on the Scale there.Sev

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 出国旅游口语一本通

World Post Day happens each year on the 9th of October. This date is the anniversary of the Universal Postal Union (UPU), which started in 1874 in Switzerland. The UPU was the start of the global communications revolution; people could write to other

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

by Michael W. Flynn First, a disclaimer: Although I am an attorney, the legal information in this podcast is not intended to be a substitute for seeking personalized legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Further, I

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 法律英语 Legal Lad

Washington Post Owner and Publisher Katharine Graham: A Powerful Media Leader in America VOICE ONE: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE TWO: And I'm Doug Johnson with the VOA Special English program, PEOPLE IN AMERICA. Today we tell about Katharine Graham. S

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Todd: OK, Laura, I'm going to ask you questions about the post office in Hong Kong. OK, or just sending letters. How often do you write letters? Laura: Well, when I was young, I wrote quite often to my pen pals, but right now, instead of sending a le

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Broadcast: Mar 16, 2003 It takes three months to get an appointment at the Post Polio Institute in Englewood, New Jersey, where patients are evaluated and treated for Post-Polio Sequelae. These polio

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-健康之旅

EXPLORATIONS - April 10, 2002: Wiley Post By Paul Thompson Anncr: Now the VOA Special English program, explorations. Today Shirley Griffith and Doug Johnson tell about pilot Wiley Post. He set new rec

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 Explorations

Part One Sending a Letter第一部分 寄信Clerk: Good afternoon, Miss. Can I help you? 小姐,下午好。要帮忙吗? Mary: Yes. I want to send this letter to Guangzhou. 是的。我想把这封信寄往广州。 Clerk: By airmail or surface

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

The Boy on Graves-End Road by Caty Weaver Editor's Note: This is a weekly multimedia series of American short stories for English language learners. Each story has video, audio, quizzes, and a lesson plan for teachers. Hope you enjoy reading and list

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Todd: OK, Laura, I'm going to ask you questions about the post office in Hong Kong. OK, or just sending letters. How often do you write letters? Laura,我想问你些关于香港邮局的问题,嗯,或者说就是寄信。你多久写一次信?

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话

Now the VOA Special English program EXPLORATIONS. Today Shirley Griffith and Doug Johnson tell about pilot Wiley Post. He set new records when he flew his own airplane around the world in nineteen thirty-three. (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: It was nineteen thir

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年慢速英语(三)月

BEIRUT, Jan. 20 (Xinhua) -- Caretaker Lebanese(黎巴嫩) Prime Minister Saad Hariri said Thursday he will not quit the race to form Lebanon's new cabinet. In a brief speech broadcasted in the local Future TV, Hariri said his Future Movement parl

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25 (Xinhua) -- Oracle Corp. on Monday announced that its co-president Safra Catz is taking the additional position as the software giant's chief financial officer (CFO), following the resignation of its current CFO Jeff Epstein.

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

RIO DE JANEIRO, Nov. 17 (Xinhua) -- One day after the team's 2-1 loss against America-MG, the Botafogo administration decided to fire head coach Caio Junior on Thursday. Losing five of its last six games, the vice-president of soccer at Botafogo Andr

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Gabrielle: Hi, Annili! How are you today? Anili: Oh, I'm fine. Gabrielle: Good! Hey, I love your scarf! Anili: Oh, my scarf! Gabrielle: Yeah, where did you get it? Anili: Oh, I bought this scarf in Sydney. Gabrielle: Oh, OK. So, Sidney is your hometo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Early voters turn out to vote in Chicago CHICAGO, Nov. 3 (Xinhua) -- While most U.S. citizens will vote next Tuesday, some of the country's early voters are already out to cast their ballots. Ms. Megan Keskitaoo from Chicago turned out to vote on Sat

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: Hello! What's your name please? Anna: My names's Anna. Todd: Anna. OK, Anna and where are you from? Anna: I'm from a suburb of Chicago, Illinois. Todd: Oh, Chicago. Wow, what's Chicago like? Anna: It's very windy and flat, but there's a lot to

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

NAIROBI, Feb. 16 (Xinhua) -- Football Kenya Federation (FKF) jointly with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports are in the process of submitting a bid to host the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations as well as the 2015 Africa Youth Championships. After the

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻