Explorations - Wiley Post: The First Pilot to Fly Around the World Alone MARY TILLOTSON: Now the VOA Special English program, Explorations. Today Shirley Griffith and Doug Johnson tell about pilot Wiley Post. He set new records when he flew his own a

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

The Chinese government's Belt and Road initiative, as well as the country's financial policies, are the focus of a Global Finance Forum which kicked-off on Saturday at Tsinghua Univerity in Beijing. Hundreds of academics and industry leaders from bot

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

Many students dream of becoming freelancers upon graduation. In their fantasies, a freelancers life means waking up just before noon, meeting friends and traveling on a whim, and turning down boring or low-paying work. 很多学生梦想着毕业以后

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Pre-Listening Vocabulary post (prefix): after; later postscript: after the writing addendum: additional information series: more than one in a row PPS: post postscript correspondence: communication by letters PPS Stands For Post Postscript When you w

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

NZPost is losing money so the company would like to cut mail deliveries from 6 days a week to 3 days a week. NZPost is planning to put computers in some places, like supermarkets and petrol stations, so that people can post their own mail electronica

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Todd: OK, hello, could you say your name please? Diana: Yes, my name is Diana Heyne. Todd: Diana, where are you from? Diana: I live in Chicago. Todd: Great, Chicago! How long have you lived in Chicago? Diana: Actually, only for a year. I'm mostly a m

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Grammar Girl here. Today's topics are style guides and how to deal with book titles. Joe called in with this question: With all of the style guides that are out there -- APA, MLA -- why would anyone use Chicago? I was finding it very hard to believe

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

在这场即时演讲中,文化评论人Virginia Postrel探讨了魅力的真正含义和不同凡响的应用。她将其定义为任何被用来影响和劝服的经过考量和细致思忖过的影像。

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(153) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:美丽+潮流 表面之下

HEALTH REPORT –August 28, 2002: Post-Polio Condition By Jill Moss (Photo -WHO) This is the VOA Special English Health Report. In nineteen-eighty-eight, a major campaign to end the disease polio was

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

HEALTH REPORT - Post Polio Syndrome By Karen Leggett Broadcast: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 This is the VOA Special English Health Report. Polio is a disease of the muscles and the nervous system. It is

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

[00:00]S:I'm, I'm just boning up for your Bruce Wayne meeting in the morning. [00:06]I pulled all the files on the proposed power plant and, uh, the Mr. Wayne's hoped-for investment. Uh... [00:16]This is all very interesting, though a bit on the te

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英美人天天都在说的4000句:跟着影视学最真实的口语

Todd: OK, Laura, I'm going to ask you questions about the post office in Hong Kong. OK, or just sending letters. How often do you write letters? Laura: Well, when I was young, I wrote quite often to my pen pals, but right now, instead of sending a le

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Barca lose Puyol in Benfica win MADRID, Oct. 2 (Xinhua) -- FC Barcelona paid a heavy price for their comfortable 2-0 away win over Benfica in Champions League as they lost captain Carles Puyol with a serious arm injury. Puyol fell badly in the second

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

COIMBRA, Portugal, April 14 (Xinhua) -- Benfica won a fourth successive Portuguese League Cup on Saturday after beating Gil Vicente 2-1 in the final. Rodrigo gave Benfica a 30th-minute lead, but Gil Vicente levelled through Ze Luis on 78 minutes. But

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Vaccines are an English indie rock[1][2] band, formed in West London in 2010 by Justin Hayward-Young (lead vocals, guitar), Freddie Cowan (lead guitar, vocals), rni rnason (bass, vocals) and Pete Robertson (drums, vocals). 歌词: Song:Post B

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

Todd: OK, hello, could you say your name please? Diana: Yes, my name is Diana Heyne. Todd: Diana, where are you from? Diana: I live in Chicago. Todd: Great, Chicago! How long have you lived in Chicago? Diana: Actually, only for a year. I'm mostly a M

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

BEIJING, July 11 (Xinhua) -- Participants in the second China-Africa People's Forum called for the establishment of a new model for NGO cooperation between China and African countries. About 300 delegates from China and 35 African states are attendin

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Spain midfielder Cazorla defends Casillas over recent form MADRID, Oct. 10 (Xinhua) -- Spain midfielder, Santi Cazorla strongly defended the form of goalkeeper Iker Casillas on Wednesday as the Spanish national side prepared to fly to Minsk ahead of

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: OK, Laura, I'm going to ask you questions about the post office in Hong Kong. OK, or just sending letters. How often do you write letters? Laura: Well, when I was young, I wrote quite often to my pen pals, but right now, instead of sending a le

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

JOHNNEBSURG, Dec. 30 (Xinhua) -- The committee preparing for hosting African Cup of Nations (AFCON) 2013 in South Africa on Sunday announced the country is ready to host the tournament. The Local Organizing Committee Chief Executive Officer Mvuzo Mbe

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻