At the Post Office 在邮局
Part One Sending a Letter第一部分 寄信Clerk: Good afternoon, Miss. Can I help you?
小姐,下午好。要帮忙吗?
Mary: Yes. I want to send this letter to Guangzhou.
是的。我想把这封信寄往广州。
Clerk: By airmail or surface mail?
航空信还是平信?
Mary: Air mail, please.
请寄航空信。
Clerk: Would you like it registered?
想寄挂号吗?
Mary: No. I don't think so.
不要。我想不用寄挂号。
Clerk: Eighty cents, please.
请付8毛钱。
Mary: Here's one yuan.
这是一元。
Clerk: Here's your change.
你的找头。
Mary: Thank you.
谢谢。
Clerk: It's my pleasure.
不用谢。
Part Two Posting a Letter第二部分 寄信Jack 1: Excuse me, but could you please tell me where the nearest post office is? I'm going to mail a letter.
劳驾,请问最近的邮局在哪儿?我要去寄封信。
Wang: Do you wish to send it as an ordinary or registered letter?
你要寄平信还是挂号信?
Jack: What's the difference?
这有什么区别吗?
Wang: If you want to post an ordinary letter, you needn't go to the post office, you can drop it into the nearest pillar-box.
如果寄平信,你就用不着上邮局,把信投在最近的邮筒就行了。
Jack: I want to send this letter by registered mail.
我想寄封挂号信。
Wang: In that case, you'll have to go to the post office.
那样的话,你就要到邮局去了。
Jack: Thank you.
谢谢。
(At the post office)Jack: Good afternoon! I want to send this letter to Beijing by registered mail. Is there enough postage on it?
下午好!我想寄封挂号信到北京。这封信的邮资足吗?
Clerk: The letter is rather heavy. You'd better have it weighed.
这封信相当重,最好称一下。
Jack: How much does it weigh? Is it overweight?
多重?超重了吗?
Clerk: It's 6 grams overweight. You need 2 yuan stamps.
超重6克。需要贴2元邮票。
Jack: Do you think I can catch the last post today?
你看我能赶上最后一趟邮班吗?
Clerk: Oh, certainly. The last mail goes out at 6:30.
当然能行。最后一趟邮班是6:30。
Jack: Thank you.
谢谢。
Part Three Sending a Parcel第三部分 寄包裹Clerk: How can I help you?
能为您效劳吗?
Jack: I want to send this package to Los Angeles by parcel post, please.
我想把这包东西以包裹邮件寄往洛杉机。
Clerk: Registered?
挂号吗?
Jack: Yes.
对。
Clerk: I'll have to weigh it first. 150 yuan, please.
我得先把它称一下。请付150元。
Jack: Here is 200.
给你 200元。
Clerk: Your change, please.
这是你的找头。
Jack: Thank you.
谢谢。
Part Four Sending Money第四部分 寄钱Clerk 1: Good morning. Can I help You?
早晨好!能为您效劳吗?
Bob: Good morning. I wish to send a sum of 100 Euros to London. Would it be better to get a money order or send it in a registered letter?
早晨好!我想寄100欧元到伦敦去。用邮政汇票好还是用保价信寄钞票好?
Clerk 1: It depends.
那要视情况而定。
Bob: Then I'd like to get a postal 2 order.
那么,我要张邮政汇票。
Clerk 1: Postal orders are over there, at Counter No.5.
邮政汇票在那边,5号柜台。
…Bob: Please give me a postal order for 100 Euros.
请给我一张100欧元的邮政汇票。
Clerk 2: Will you fill in the moneyorder form? Please write down the names and addresses of both the sender and the recipient 3 legibly and do not abbreviate 4 or use initials. And don't forget the reverse side of the form. You can put down the sender's remarks here, if you like.
请填写这张邮政汇票。请填上汇款人与收款人的姓名、地址。字迹要清楚,不要缩写,要用全称。别忘了汇票的反面也要填写。如果需要,你可以在这里写上汇款人的附言。
Bob: Is the form filled in properly?
这表格填对了吗?
Clerk 2: Yes.
是的。
Bob: Thank you very much.
非常感谢。
Clerk 2: You are welcome.
不客气。
- I am looking for the headphone jack.我正在找寻头戴式耳机插孔。
- He lifted the car with a jack to change the flat tyre.他用千斤顶把车顶起来换下瘪轮胎。
- A postal network now covers the whole country.邮路遍及全国。
- Remember to use postal code.勿忘使用邮政编码。
- Please check that you have a valid email certificate for each recipient. 请检查是否对每个接收者都有有效的电子邮件证书。
- Colombia is the biggest U . S aid recipient in Latin America. 哥伦比亚是美国在拉丁美洲最大的援助对象。
- She had lost the power to abbreviate the remaining steps of the way.她丧失了缩短这最后几步路的能力。
- It is seldom acceptable to abbreviate words in formal writing.在正式的书面语中使用缩写语通常是不能接受的。