2005 考研英语长难句 1、Television is one of the means by which these feelings are created and conveyed and perhaps never before has it served so much to connect different peoples and nations as in the recent events in Europe. 【分析】并列

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

Topics: Famous Americans-James Fenimore Cooper; The Farmer's Almanac; in favor of versus in (one's) favor; feat of strength, raw human strength, and to be forced against table's edge; to multitask Words: frontier pioneer to be expelled from prank to

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

First listen to November 12th 2012 and January 17th 2010 to hear about NCEA. More than 163,000 students received their NCEA results today. The results were available online and each student had their own password to see their own results. There are t

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

If you look around at the men and women whom you can call happy, you will see that they all have certain things in common. The most important of these things is an activity which at most gradually builds up something that you are glad to see coming

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 白领英语晨读

By Terry FitzPatrick Cape Town 21 April 2008 A new type of business consultant is emerging in South Africa. They help companies complete racial scorecards the government now requires under its black economic empowerment program. Some observers say th

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(四月)

AS IT IS 2014-06-23 Poverty Is More Than Just Lack of Money 贫困不仅仅是缺钱 Poverty is not just about money. Oxford University in Britain says poverty also means not having enough food, education, healthcare and shelter. Earlier this month,

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(六)月

By Jessica Berman Washington 22 February 2006 U.S. astronomers have discovered two moons orbiting Pluto, an icy planet smaller than our moon. Scientists found the moons while surveying the sky as part

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(二月)

US Public Split Over NSA Surveillance 美国公众对隐私被监视看法有分歧 一个互联网隐私团体已经要求美国最高法院调查政府 在过去的七年 的监视通话记录。民调显示,美国人在这个问题上有分歧。

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(七月)

Wong Leehom, I understand you feel like you're nothing more than a multi-talented Chinese mega star. Not a good feeling at all. And you wanna know where you go from here. The only way to answer your question is with more questions. What is this? 王力

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语万花筒

This is the second in a two-part intermediate Business English Pod lesson on the basics of socializing and networking. Last time you learned ways to start and finish a conversation appropriately. Today youll be studying how to keep a conversation goi

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 原汁原味商务英语播客

BEIJING, April 12 (Xinhuanet) -- The elderly have a difficult time with multi-tasking as a study suggests that older brains behave differently when it comes to switching between two tasks, according to media reports on Tuesday. Researchers used funct

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天我们要学的词是charter。 Charter, 有包租的意思。 The major multi-car pileup was caused by a charter bus, 这起严重连环车祸是由一辆包租的大客车引起的。 The airline significantly expanded its charter service cli

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

GRE频道在此与大家分享新东方北京学校GRE名师韩冰老师带来的两道市面上的GRE填空流行错题勘误,希望对各位备考有所帮助。 你或许在某些资源中都遇到过这样两道题目,但是流行的版本其实

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

Top leaders of Pakistan's ruling coalition government say they have agreed on a plan to pursue impeachment proceedings against President Pervez Musharraf. VOA's Barry Newhouse reports from Islamabad, where Pakistan People's Party leader Asif Zardari

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

low Earth orbit 近地轨道 lunar module 登月舱 lunar rover 月球车 main landing field/ primary landing site 主着陆场 manned space 载人航天计划 manned space flight 载人航天 manned spaceship/ spacecraft 载人飞船 Milky Way 银河系

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

The last time I went to the doctor for a checkup, she told me that I needed to start taking some dietary supplements that had the vitamins and minerals that my body needed to stay healthy. I told her that I ate a balanced diet, but she said that many

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Sonja Pace Habur Crossing, on the Turkey-Iraq Border 06 November 2007 Tensions again loom along the Turkey-Iraq border with a Turkish military incursion into northern Iraq and economic sanctions still a possibility despite diplomatic efforts to ca

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

SAN FRANCISCO, June 28 (Xinhua) -- Google on Tuesday rolled out a new social networking service named Google+, a long awaited move of the Internet search giant to crack the industry's social trend dominated by Facebook. Unlike Facebook, Google said t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The UN Children's Fund is leading a campaign to get thousands of children displaced by the war in Georgia back to school. UNICEF says getting children, who are traumatized by war back into a structured school program, will help them regain their sen

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

By Derek Kilner Nair 10 February 2008 The United Nations' top humanitarian official has concluded a visit to camps for people displaced by post-election violence in Kenya. He said arrangements should be made to accommodate many of the displaced for a

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)