The Obama administration and congressional law makers are rejecting a plea for clemency from Edward Snowden whose in the sylum in Russia. Snowden met with a German law maker last week and gave him a letter asking the US for clemency for charges of al

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

The idea of sending people to Mars has been around for decades. It's been approached differently by different U.S. leaders and lawmakers. At this time, we don't have the technology to get people there and back. But scientists are working on it. 把人类

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2016年8月

Welcome to our viewers worldwide, to this special edition of CNN Student News. I'm Carl Azuz at the CNN Center. Our network turns 35 years old today. And what we're doing today and tomorrow is looking back at some of the major news stories that have

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2015年6月

Believe In God And Feel Better 有信仰会感觉更好么? Whether or not a treatment for an illness or disorder works usually doesnt depend on whether we believe it will work. For example, if you have an MRI, barring a malfunction, the technology

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

144 calamities maybe fool the world The mighty mammoth once was the largest mamo of them all, a sight of magnificence, if not to say majesty, as it strolled across the primoridy of landscape. But where have they gone, those mighty beasts? One theory

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

by Mignon Fogarty Today we'll discuss words you should never use and words you should always avoid--or something like that. As many of you know, before I was Grammar Girl, I was a science and technology writer. Even as an undergraduate, my instructor

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

The snowstorm is over, but the firestorm continues over flights marooned on the tarmac, delayed and canceled. I would estimate probably about two hours from now Is that accurate? Five freaking planes full today! Five freaking planes full today! As in

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(一)月

1. NASA has rescheduled the launch of Atlantis for late Saturday morning. It will be the space agency's fifth attempt to get the shuttle off the ground. A malfunction ing fuel tank's sensor foil ed NA

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

This is AP news minute. 1. Forecasters are warning more possible flooding in Texas on Tuesday. At least 6 people have died in flooding in the state. 2. South Korea military officials say North Korea apparently tried to launch a missile. It's believed

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2016(六)月

AS IT IS 2015-05-04 Body Cameras Seen as Good and Bad for US Police Officers The recent violence in Baltimore, Maryland follows incidents around the United States in which police officers have been accused of wrongdoing. As a result, police departmen

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Akio Toyoda entered a packed congressional hearing room to deliver a simple message: I am deeply sorry for any accidents that Toyota drivers have experienced, said Akio Toyoda. The Toyota CEO acknowledged that the public's confidence in the company t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

可穿戴相机有助美国警察执法 Houston Chief of Police Charles McClelland supports the use of body cameras, but he said they also present problems. 休斯顿警察局局长查尔斯麦克兰德支持为警员配备可穿戴相机,但他表示

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(九月)

The patient, a journalist from northeastern Liaoning Province, suddenly fell ill on a flight from Shenyang to Beijing on November 9. My stomach started to ache less than 10 minutes after we took off. It developed quickly and I realized I had to call

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Fan Bingbing had no idea that her red crane gown signified something different in France when she sported the dress on the red carpet at the Cannes Film Festival last week. 上周,当范冰冰身着晚装出现在戛纳影节红毯上时,她并不知

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 中英双语新闻

Good afternoon, Im Naamua Delaney at the CNN Center in Atlanta. Heres a look at whats happening NOW IN THE NEWS. President Bush is talking about the US economy in suburban St. Louis today. He toured a technology company that has benefited from tax b

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(五)月

1. President Obama has half a dozen television interviews scheduled for Monday. He's making the case for whether they'll have limited military strike against Syria in response to that country's alleged use of chemical weapons. Meanwhile Syrian Presid

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(九月)

1. Footage has emerged of Iraqi and Kurdish forces rescuing children who had fled into Sinjar Mountain to escape Islamic militants. Meantime, senior US officials say the Obama Administration has begun directly providing weapons to Kurdish forces batt

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2014(八)月

But, as powerful as Rome may have been, they couldn't change the rules of the universe, and neither of these calendars add up to anywhere close to the time it takes us to orbit the sun. After a few years, the seasons are out of whack with the months,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

本期内容: A report by Indonesian investigators into last Decembers crash of AirAsia Flight 8501, in which 162 people died, blamed failures of equipment and communication. The Airbus A320s rudder-control system malfunctioned; attempting a fix, t

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

Request diversion to the nearest suitable airport due AC BUS failure. 501. 我们一个交流汇流条故障了,申请备降到最近合适机场。 We are not supplying power to our DC BUS. Request priority landing. 502. 我们不再为直流汇流条

发表于:2019-03-10 / 阅读(161) / 评论(0) 分类 飞行员英语900句