Common Infection Raises Female to Male HIV Risk A common bacterial infection among women in sub-Saharan Africa sharply increases the risk of HIV transmission to men. Researchers say current treatments provide only a short-term solution. Its long been

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

A male songbird's tune advertises his status and availability to choosy female. But rock sparrows offer a notable exception. Their crooning can also reveal when the male has been jilted. Researchers studied the songs of male rock sparrows in the Fren

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

Caller: _____________, I _____, since I was __ till I was about ___,____, just learning how to do things by myself. And when I ____________ it's just...I dunno, it was just understood, if you see something _____________, you just do it. I mean these

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第三册

Pre-Listening Vocabulary depict: to show visually antlers: branch-like horns made of bone mating season: the time of year when animals reproduce Santas Reindeer Must Be Female If youve ever seen images of Santa Clauss reindeer, you know that they are

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

A: Wow, that terrible movie is finally over. Next time Im picking the film, because I dont want to end up seeing a chick flick. B: Well you should have picked, in the end you always complain about everything. A: Not everything, just this film. Even t

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. Today we harvest some words. We are going to explain some commonly used terms for plants and farm animals. If you miss any, or if you want to test yourself, you can find a transcript and MP3 of our

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(七)月

FBI Heads Investigation into Wisconsin Shooting Prakash Singh, 39 years old, male. A member of the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin read the names of those who lost their lives in Sundays shooting. Ranjit Singh, 49 years old, male. Harpreet Singh could not h

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Military Technology Offers Hope for Malaysian Wildlife Government rangers are on night patrol in Belum Tenegor forest - just 12 men protecting the rare elephants, tigers and bears that inhabit this 4,000-square-kilometer wilderness of northern Malays

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

American universities inherited a choral tradition from England where, centuries ago, student choruses gathered to sing songs with different vocal parts known as glees. Today, dozens of U.S. colleges have glee clubs - a cappella choruses open to stud

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(二月)

The Ugandan government says it wants to launch an official drive to circumcise much of Uganda's male population as part of its efforts to reduce the rate of HIV infection in the east African country. Recent studies conducted in several African count

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Now to politics across the Pacific, where the minority party in Japan's parliament is also led by a woman. NPR's Elise Hu in Tokyo reports on the political rise of women in Japan. ELISE HU, BYLINE: At this monthly Tokyo networkin

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

This is scientific American sixty-second science .I'm Sophie Bushwake. Got a minute ?what makes someone sound sexy?don't make you ruin it . To get the scientific built point ,researchers engaged volunteers' responses to different voices,the

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(五)月

She chews its tail first, to make sure the fish can't get away. While the pups are still demanding milk, the mother otter will often keep the whole fish for herself. Her pups are happy enough with caviar. As the flow becomes slow enough for the trout

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Bison calves are more independent of their mothers. The adults' focus is now set on a ruthless competition to mate. A male bids to enter a herd with females in season. He uses dust to accentuate all his size and power. Another male already establishe

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2012年

Lauren: Did you see what Stephanie was wearing? She looked like a wet dog! Quentin: Why do women do that? Lauren: Do what? Quentin: Why do women put other women down ? Is it to make themselves feel superior ? Lauren: It was only a joke. I didnt mean

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

It's time that I bought a new camera. I need a digital that has a decent zoom. I realized that the other day when I was outside, trying to get a good shot of two birds who were nesting. I had been busy throwing the ball to our dogs, when I saw a flas

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

Pre-Listening Vocabulary habitat: the place where living things live extinction: the state of no longer existing threatened: facing a possible risk of extinction 24/7: all day and night; at all times human intervention: the involvement of humans Habi

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 Facts-事实

Ya?l: My cousin is always falling for these obnoxious, awful men who are just like her father. You'd think she'd learn not to make the same mistake her mother made. Don: Well, you know what they say. A woman will marry the man who reminds her of her

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

American Idol alumni came out on top at the American Music Awards last month as Daughtry, the band fronted by Idol loser Chris Daughtry, shared the triple-winner spotlight with Idol champ Carrie Underwood. Daughtry capitalized on its three nomination

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Rebecca Hume with you on this Monday, August 12th, 2013. Welcome to the Beijing Hour, coming to you live from the Chinese capital. Coming up on our program this morning... China set to further boost green industries UK retail giant Tesco in talks ove

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线