Shasha the Siberian tiger and her 5 cubs are expected to start playing host to visitors at the Longsha Zooligical and Botanical Gardens in Qiqihar, Heilongjiang Province later this month. The 6-week old cubs, including 2 females and 3 males, are the

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

A male with his harem seems at peace. But even without hunters, the life of an alpha male is tense. A challenger comes. It takes over three years for a young male to grow the impressive adult horns which can spiral to 190 centimeters long and weigh u

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2011年

Don: All right, Yael, you're a moth. And mating for you is a big deal because it takes eight or nine hours. So the last thing you want is for some predator to interrupt you and your mate in the act. Yael: I'm guessing that's true not just for moths.

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者听力文摘精选

Li: Chicken or beef? Male customer: Chicken please. Li: There you go sir. And madam? Chicken or beef? Female customer: Oooh, beef please. Li: There you are. Female customer: Thanks. Li: (whispering) Hello and welcome to the programme and to the fligh

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Amir / Iran speaker If marrying early means the age of thirty, I don't think so because my parents got married after thirties and they're having a happy life and for male, especially maybe there are not necessarily obliged to marry early because thei

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

Pre-Listening Vocabulary entire: whole; complete constrain: to restrict or force rules on someone translate: to rewrite or express in a different language refrain: to avoid driven: motivated A Novel Without The Letter E A French novelist named George

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 趣谈英语

A forest of umbrella thorn acacia trees in northern Tanzania provides shelter and sustenance for a wealth of animals. In this crowded paradise, property is hotly contested at all levels. Male impala , eager to challenge for a territory, build up stre

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2007年

When the Himalayan peasant meets the he-bear in his pride, He shouts to scare the monster, who will often turn aside. But the she-bear thus accosted rends the peasant tooth and nail For the female of the species is more deadly than the male. he-bear:

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 英语诗歌

Finches Seek Out Sick Dining Companions A study in the journal Biology Letters finds that male finches prefer dining next to a sick bird despite the risk of infection, probably because the lethargic companion is less likely to engage in food fights.

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

As a child, Timothy Twix Ward, thought he was normal. But his family saw something special about him. Ward is a member of the San Carlos Apache Tribe in the southwestern state, Arizona. It wasnt until I got older that I knew who I was, that I was dif

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(七)月

If you dial the wrong number it can be confusing and embarrassing. But how do you find out that you've made a mistake? And how can you check to be sure? imagine you've dialled the wrong number. What might the person who answers your call say? What

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

考试日期 2012 年 9 月 22 日 总体评析 两新: section 12 两旧: section 34 Section 1 版本号 场景 题型 New Interview Completion 一句话简介 一位男士应聘一个乐团 详细回忆 1-10填空题: 1. drive(会开车的优

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 雅思机经

~ g ~ Grand Slam: (1) One of four major tournaments played once a year - Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon, U.S. Open, 世界四大锦标赛之一: 澳洲公开赛,法国公开赛,Wimbledon,

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. One job of an athletic trainer is to treat injured athletes. But does it make a difference if the trainer is male or female? Sometimes, yes , if an injury or condition is a male problem or a female pr

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(七)月

How do you attract a mate? If youre a male mouse, you take the Frank Sinatra approachyou sing. Scientists have known about crooning male mice for years. And past experiments showed that if you leave male mice alone with an unconscious female or even

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年Scientific American(三)月

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: The male-dominated field made my presence unwelcome by all possible means. 在这由男性主导的领域中,男性用尽手段地表现冷淡

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Topic1 Cracking Down on Fake Journalists and News ExtortionNow the government intends to root out a disease which is plaguing the China's news industry: extortion and so-called fake news. There will be a nationwide crackdown on such activity. Is such

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

And, for most, New Guinea was the launch pad. Three times the size of Britain, this is the largest tropical island in the world.....and the richest in animal life...with some truly eye-catching residents. Like this Goldie's Bird of paradise. Never fi

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着英剧练发音

Woodlice set for the shadows, but other creatures are bolder. Outside a newcomer is looking for a way in, a male house spider. A water pipe is an opening invitation. It will take a lot more than a cold shower to deter this male on his hunt for a mate

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2013年

Narwhals arent fish, theyre mammals--a rare type of whale. They have a famous spiraled tusk. The tusk, which is commonly misconceived for a horn, is actually an elongated tooth. Only male narwhals grow tusks, which can be over six to almost ten feet

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16