So fundamentally, rather than, for example, measuring content based on how many people are watching, 从根本上,而不是,比如根据收视率衡量内容 this gives us the basic data for looking at engagement properties of content. 这个给了

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

THIS IS AMERICA - Website Links People Across Continents Through Books BOB DOUGHTY: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. FAITH LAPIDUS: And I'm Faith Lapidus. This week on our program, we tell you about a website that c

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(三)月

AS IT IS 2014-05-21 Can You Erase Information on the Internet? 你能清除互联网上的信息吗? The European Court of Justice recently ruled in a case involving the Internet search engine Google. The court ruled that Google must sometimes, on re

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(五)月

今天我们要讲的美国习惯用语是:ahead of the game。Ahead就是在前面;game就是游戏,竞争或比赛。 Ahead of the game就是走在前头,或处于有利地位。比如,美国公司总是想方设法研制新产品,使自己

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 美国习惯用语

2007 考研英语长难句 3、If the study of law is beginning to establish itself as part and parcel of a general education, its aims and methods should appeal directly to journalism educators. 【分析】复合句。if引导条件状语从句,主

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 考研英语长难句讲解

本单元是关于选择礼物的对话 Janet: And how's my favourite shop assistant today? Tim: Oh! Good morning, Janet! It's assistant manager actually. Janet: So sorry, darling, assistant manager. Now, I do hope you can help me. I'm looking for a very special

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 公寓伙伴

Hey,ddon't touch that.Look,what's this about?Percy told me I was gonna fix a data breach. 嘿,别碰那个。听着,到底是怎么回事?帕西让我修复一处数据漏洞。 Ok,look if you won't tell me your name,at least tell me what you a

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 影视剧中的职场美语

Short Conversation 连接网络 A:How can I connect to the Internet? B:Choose netcafe from the list of wireless networks on your computer and launch an Internet browser.It will direct you to the authorization page. A:What should I do then? B:Type i

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 英文导学

Robyn Williams: If you read about ancient Greece it's uplifting to recognise how free and egalitarian they were, and how this enlightenment was the basis for the rise of culture for drama, philosophy, the growth of natural science and an understandin

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

On November 11, the Louvre Abu Dhabi museum will open in the capital of the United Arab Emirates. The museum is part of a project designed to appeal to millions of visitors every year. The waterfront museum will hold hundreds of pieces of art represe

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(九)月

AS IT IS 2015-09-05 With US Tie, Cubans Have Better Access to Internet The United States and Cuba officially re-established diplomatic relations two months ago. The re-establishment of ties had led to better access of the Internet across Cuba. Until

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Study Links Video Game Use to Problems in School A new study warns that too much time spent playing computer games could affect a child's performance at school. Britain's National Childrens Bureau Northern Ireland reported the results of the study. T

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Study Links Flu Pandemics to La Ni?a A newly-identified link between pandemic flu and the weather phenomenon known as La Ni?a, may one day permit advance warnings of severe influenza outbreaks. Most of the time, influenza is a temporary annoyance. Bu

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

A: Hello! I'd like to get busy on my computer, but I need some broadband. B: There's an Ethernet cable in your room. Just plug it into the back of your laptop. A: Uh-oh! I can't use Ethernet. My computer is wireless only. B: That's okay. I can tell y

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

A: Hi. I can't get going on my computer until I get a broadband hookup. B: Just plug the Ethernet cable into your computer, and you'll be off and running. A: That would be okay if I had an Ethernet port. Unfortunately, my laptop uses wireless only. B

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

今天我们要学的词是definitive。 Definitive, 意思是明确的,决定性的。 The quarterback is expected to give the team a definitive answer this week as to whether he will return next season, 这个四分位估计这星期会就他下个

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语每日一词

US kids raise money, collect goods for their East African pen pals Jan Sluizer | Gulu, Uganda 02 August 2010 Photo: Courtesy Diane Kroska A Ugandan student reads a letter from her American pen pal. She says the stories she heard about the widespread

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(八)月

网上买菜 dialogue 英语情景对话 A:Hi. Have you got a personal computer? A:嗨!你有个人电脑吗? B:Certainly. What's the matter? B:有啊,干吗? A:I wonder if you often trade with others on the internet. A:我想知道你是否常

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(217) / 评论(0) 分类 高频英语口语对话

The Apple computer company introduced a new version of its popular iPad Wednesday, with a sharper screen (featuring the retina display), an improved (5 MP) camera, and the ability to use Verizon's 4G LTE wireless service, a faster method to access th

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

本期内容: A public inquiry in London reported that Alexander Litvinenko, an ex-KGB officer, was murdered in 2006 by two men working for Russias security service, probably on Vladimir Putins orders. Russia dismissed the report. Mr Litvinenko, a

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读