International Women's Day (8 March) is an occasion marked by women's groups around the world. This date is also commemorated at the United Nations and is designated in many countries as a national holiday. When women on all continents, often divided

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 节日英语

The British government will reopen the countrys airports tomorrow. They have been closed because of the huge cloud of volcanic ash from Iceland has drifted over much of Europe, disrupting tens of thousands of flights. Scientists say the eruption of t

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

考古学家最近发现了很久之前生活在澳大利亚的土著原住民的遗骸,他们都有什么新的调查结果呢? Rob: Hello, I'm Rob. Cath: And I'm Cath. Rob: And welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. Today we're

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 一起听英语

MOSCOW, Sept. 11 (Xinhua) -- Security cooperation within the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) has achieved great success, a Russian expert said. Among the three principal spheres of SCO activity, namely security, economy and culture, major suc

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Tea-horse Ancient Road 茶马古道 茶马古道是中国西南大地上一条进行对外经济文化交流,传播中国古代文明的国际通道,是西南的丝绸之路。 For thousands of years, only humans and horses treaded the mountains of

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

我们应该尊重和维护世界文明的多样性。各国文明的多样性,是人类社会的基本特征,也是推动世界文明进步的重要动力。当今世界拥有60亿人口,200多个国家和地区,2500多个民族,5000多种语

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

The newspaper I previously worked for employs a very friendly receptionist. All receptionists are supposed to be friendly, but Connie Abbott has such a positive tone, she could brighten your day by saying, Did anyone ever tell you that you look like

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

U.S. President Barack Obama visits the African Union's headquarters in Addis Ababa on Tuesday after spending a day focusing on Ethiopia and South Sudan. Obama met with Ethiopian Prime Minister Hailemariam Desalegn in the Ethiopian capital on Monday,

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Blondes may be 'bombshells' who have more fun, but they're also tarnished with a reputation for being dumb. 金发女郎也许是享受更多乐趣的性感尤物,然而她们也背负上了脑袋不灵光的名声。 Having a 'blonde moment' has e

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

美国人的幽默 Americans have a strong sense of humor. 美国人是很幽默的。 Because everyone has ancestors, family and friends of every possible race, color, creed and national origin, and because sensitivity to such differences has reache

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

美国少数民族社区庆祝圣诞节 LOS ANGELES Christmas is a highlight for many immigrant communities in the United States, who bring colorful traditions from their countries of origin. For Hispanics, the nine-day celebration of Las Posadas ree

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Uwunguruza abantu nikinga, in the Kurundi dialect of Burundi, means bike taxi-man. In the small East African countrys capital, Bujumbura, cyclists transport everything from human passengers to huge bundles of bananas and sugarcane to bricks and bedro

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

美国的制裁不会阻止俄罗斯 WASHINGTON, March 9 (Xinhua) -- As the U.S. considers implementing additional sanctions against Russia over the latter's recent moves in Ukraine's Crimea, former U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates said Sunday tha

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

LONDON Pro-Russian protests in several eastern Ukraine cities over the weekend, including the takeover of a government building in one city, have heightened concerns Russia might try to take control of the region just as it annexed Crimea last month.

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A senior pro-China figure in Hong Kong has said he will convey concerns about alleged police brutality against Hong Kong journalists to Beijing. Convenor of the Executive Council Leung Chun-ying's promise echoed the concerns of several pro-China fig

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

以下是为大家整理GRE红宝书中形容词词汇,供大家复习用。GRE词汇量是考生必须要过的第一关,近几年GRE考试真题中经常出现和常考的形容词词汇,而GRE红宝书是考生备考GRE词汇的重要教材之

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

以下是为大家整理GRE红宝书中形容词词汇,供大家复习用。GRE词汇量是考生必须要过的第一关,近几年GRE考试真题中经常出现和常考的形容词词汇,而GRE红宝书是考生备考GRE词汇的重要教材之

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

Education and race 教育与种族 On the road 在路上 Ethnic-minority pupils are storming ahead, thanks partly to tutors 由于家庭教师的原因,少数民族学生总能在学业上拔得头筹 Nov 16th 2013 |From the print edition IN APRIL

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合

GRE考试阅读理解难句巧解。新GRE阅读理解中的长难句使很多考生焦头烂额,因为太难理解了,但是想要做好新GRE阅读理解题目,就必须对这些句子进行理解。 GRE考试阅读难句解读: 本文仅为难

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(237) / 评论(0) 分类 GRE英语

SHARON: How can I help you today, Alice? 夏伦: 我今天能帮你些什么,艾丽斯? ALICE: Well, I came to talk to you because I want to apply for a scholarship. 艾丽斯: 嗯,我来是因为我想申请奖学金。 SHARON: Oh, good. Y

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(1573) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语