SCOTT SIMON, HOST: When Donald Trump landed in Scotland just hours after the United Kingdom's historic vote, he was quick to draw parallels between that country's decision to leave the European Union and his own presidential campaign. (SOUNDBITE OF A

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

The boy and girl glance around the crowded room. Their eyes meet. Embarrassed, they look away. Nervously, they steal glances at each other, averting their eyes when they see the other one looking back. The boy acts cool, crossing his legs and affecti

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Rob: Hello and welcome to 6 Minute English from BBC Learning English. I'm Rob. Vera: And hello, I'm Vera. Rob: In today's programme, we have news of a pioneering scheme to help families in one of the World's poorest countries. Vera: Yes, that country

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 六分钟英语

Ladies and Gentlemen, Comrades and Friends, As the clock counts down the few remaining hours to the Year 2008, through China Radio International, China National Radio and China Central Television, I am very delighted to extend New Year greetings to C

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 英语演讲

In a major reversal of his position on a controversial issue in a U.S. presidential election year, President Barack Obama said Wednesday that same-sex marriage should be legal. President Obama's stance opposing homosexual marriage, which he had descr

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1.谐音记忆 如:lethal可记成离骚.来自www.Examw.com 2.联想记忆 如:battlefield(战场)可以联想为打仗battle的场所field当然就是战场啦。 3.比较记忆 如:形近单词ethnical和ethical相比,ethnical比ethical多个

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

Racial discrimination in science 科学界也有种族歧视 A black and white answer 黑人,白人 In American science, race affects the chance of getting a grant 在美国科学界,种族影响得到拨款的几率 YOU might expect that science

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

Ringing in the new year敲响新年的钟声 On 19 February 2015, more than a billion people will kick-off 15 days of festivities to celebrate the Lunar New Year one of the most important festivals for people in China, many parts of Asia and in citie

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

A court in China's Xinjiang region has sentenced three people to up to 15 years in jail in the first trials over a recent series of syringe attacks. The court did not give the defendants' ethnicity(种族) but their names suggest they are from the Musl

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Once a man had a dream.He dreamed of a land of peace and harmony.He dreamed of a place where people were not judged by their skin color.He dreamed of a country where children of different races could play together.He dreamed of a nation where all peo

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

Frail and dignified at 88, the man leaned on his cane and smiled as the story of his immigration in 1936 flashed behind him on a museum wall. Like tens of thousands of others who managed to come to the United States from China during a 60-year period

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, Sept. 8 (Xinhua) -- About half of U.S. adults have either diabetes or prediabetes, a new study said Tuesday. The study, published in the Journal of American Medical Association, found that the prevalence of diabetes among U.S. adults was

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Once, during the course of a conversation with a colleague who was a woman of color, I happened to refer to her as an African American. Her response left me confused. Don't call me that, she said. I've never been to Africa; I don't know the first thi

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Halloween Comes to AmericaAs European immigrants came to America, they brought their varied Halloween customs with them. Because of the rigid Protestant belief systems that characterized early New England, celebration of Halloween in colonial times w

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

欧洲是交响乐之乡,也是歌剧之乡,是许多杰出作曲家的摇篮。中国也有歌剧,那就是京剧。京剧起源于200年前清朝时期的北京。京剧是一种集歌剧表演、歌唱、音乐、舞蹈和武术于一体的表

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口译

Separatist Tuareg rebels in Mali attacked the northern garrison town of Gao on Saturday, one day after taking the town of Kidal. The advances come as the military government scrambles to avoid sanctions by the regional bloc ECOWAS. Residents of Gao t

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A decade ago the average age of an RV-owner was 49, and over 90% were white, says Kevin Broom of the Recreational Vehicle Industry Association (RVIA) , an industry body. 房车行业协会(RVIA)的Kevin Broom说,十年前,RV车主的平均年龄是

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人商业系列

Health care in Vietnam 越南卫生保健 Limping along 一路跛行 Ordinary folk are sick and tired of their public hospitals 老百姓厌烦了公立医院 Full to overflowing 完全超载 WAS the tumour malignant? Nguyen Thi Hoat's doctors could

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

惊叹亚洲90%的毕业生近视 Up to 90% of school leavers in major Asian cities are suffering from myopia - short-sightedness - a study suggests. Researchers say the extraordinary rise in the problem is being caused by students working very hard

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Books and Arts; London fiction 文艺;伦敦小说 The best of cities, the worst of cities 这是最好的城市,也是最坏的城市 The capital as inspiration for novelists 首都伦敦,小说家灵感之源 London is a great cesspool into w

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(229) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人综合