There is no curfew in Ferguson, Missouri tonight but National Guard troops have been deployed there as authorities try to head off any more violence during protests over the killing of an unarmed teenager Michael Brown by a police officer. The St. Lo

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Thousands of people showed up at a Missouri church to rally in support of Michael Browns family. Hes the teen shot to dead by a police officer eight days ago, spurring nightly protests in the small city of 21,000. NORs Eliza H reports from St. Louis.

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

迷你对话: A: Who is responsible for the accident? Is it Tonys fault? 谁对这次事故负责?是Tony的错吗? B: No. I dont suppose hes to blame. The man in the other car made a big mistake. 不,我认为这不能怪他,另外那辆车的

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

Oscar Pistorius is the South African Paralympic runner famous for trying to compete at the Olympics. He is known as Blade Runner because of the artificial limbs he uses to sprint. He is also dubbed the fastest man on no legs. Pistorius is the double

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

BEIJING, Feb. 26 (Xinhua) -- Stephen Chow's fantasy comedy Odyssey is poised to become the highest grossing domestic film in China. It has earned 1 billion yuan (159 million U.S. dollars) in just half a month, becoming one of only two domestic films

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Holder: So lets talk about the people and evacuation zone that was restricted. Cause nuclear plants are so many around there, we told them seal them off inside the house. People in the US asked about what to do if nuclear crises happen in this countr

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

This is AP news minute. 1. Thousands are expected to attend the funeral of police officer Randolph Holder in New York on Wednesday. He was shot on head during a gunfight with the suspects on Oct,20th. 2. Two police officers were shot in Savannah, Geo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(十一)月

This is the VOA Special English Economics Report. Lehman Brothers world headquarters in New York on the day the company sought bankruptcy protection This week, we continue our look back at the major economic stories of the year. On September fifteen

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(一)月

AS IT IS 2014-12-15 Concerns Raised for Uber, Ride-Sharing Services The Indian government this week called for all unregistered taxi services to halt operations. The order came after the reported rape of a woman by a driver for the company Uber in th

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(187) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

The initiative could offer unprecedented access to an enormous collection of human knowledge, but it has created controversy over who stands to profit from it. Rachel Silverman | San Francisco 31 December 2009 A truck belonging to Google pulls up at

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(172) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Joe DeCapua 29 March 2010 Rural agri-business can drive economic growth. Rural agri-businesses can provide a career opportunity for youth. And rural agri-businesses can mean a pathway out of poverty. The first Global Conference on Agricultural Resear

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Understanding the Scope of the US Debt Ceiling It's not some architectural feature unique to Washington. The debt ceiling is a borrowing limit - passed by Congress in 1917 to fund the war effort. Back then, the ceiling was slightly more than $11 bill

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十二月)

From NPR News in Washington, I'm Lakshmi Singh. It's been called a landmark moment in medical research. Scientists have cloned for the first time human embryos that can produce some cells opening the door for treatments of various diseases. But this

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Sitting on top of the Quelccava Ica Cap in the Andes, a satellite-linked weather station has been helping scientists to understand the El Nino effect. The station was developed by the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. The El Nino effect is the

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台

Wei:Of course! Of course! Here you are. Thank you so much. Oma:Are you looking for anything else? Wei:Um, let me see. Hmm. This antique tea set here is gorgeous. Oma:That was a thirtieth birthday present. You can have it if you want. Wei:Really? No,

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 Eztalk美语会话

Welcome to IBJ. What can we assist you with today? 欢迎光临IBJ银行。我们今天有什么可以帮助您的吗? Hello. Yes, I've just read your leaflet about the new MoneyLink Card. 你好。是的,我刚刚看到你们有关新的灵通卡的

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 银行英语情景口语

REMARKS BY THE PRESIDENT AT GRADUATION OF COLUMBUS POLICE DIVISION'S 114TH CLASS Aladdin Shrine Center Columbus, Ohio 10:53 A.M. EST THE PRESIDENT: Thank you very much. Please, everybody have a seat. Thank you so much. Well, what a wonderful recepti

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

It's funny how ordinary items or actions can show your knowledge of a language. Sometimes when I do something, or say something, I ask myself the question, Could I say that in Spanish or French? Your question would probably be, Could I say that in En

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

BEIJING, May 4 (Xinhuanet) -- The Avengers is going to keep the 2012 U.S. box office fighting for a new record with estimates soaring past 150 million U.S. dollars, according to media reports Friday. A three-figure domestic opening will put Avengers

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(243) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

中国网红事业蓬勃发展 Welcome to 'Today' - an hour of world news and analysis -- Today keeps you informed and inspired. I'm Wuyou Coming up: --Gaokao scores gain acceptance in US school --Lard is among top ten nutrious foods --Online celeb

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 The Beijing Hour 新闻纵贯线