Ali and Abraham were brothers. Their mother died very early. Their father also died after some time. He left for his sons a cow and a date-tree. Ali was cunning. He was greedy too. Abraham was kind and honest. He trusted his elder brother. They wante

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 英汉幽默故事选读

ball broom door drum kite toy-robot map picture pencil-box One I have a ball. Hare you a ball? Yes, I have. Two Have you a big ball? No, I have not. I have a small ball. Three Hare you a map? No, I have not. Have you a picture? Yes, I have. Four Im h

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 幼儿学英语

President Roosevelt was elected on November 8, 1932. People look upon an elected President as the President. This is January 1935. We are in our third year of the Roosevelt depression, with the conditions growing worse... We must now become awakened

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

A hare came bounding along, and saw that the kind goat was shedding a tear. 一只野兔跳了回来,看到山羊在流眼泪。 Tell me good goat, why are you looking so sad? he asked. 告诉我,好山羊,你为什么看起来这么难过?他问

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 寻访外星人

A: I need information about my options for ground transportation. B: This city has many taxis, shuttles, or buses to transport you to your destination. A: Is one form of transportation better than another? B: It depends on where you are traveling. If

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语对话

Dr Hare and his colleagues took 43 men and 51 women, all of them straight, and gave them two tasks. Hare博士和他的同事们找了43名男性和51名女性,他们都是异性恋,给了他们两个任务。 One was to decide whether an androgy

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人科技系列

“生肖”是代替十二地支、用来表示人们出生的12种动物,即鼠、牛、虎、兔、龙、蛇、 马、羊、猴、鸡、狗、猪。如寅年出生的人属虎,卯年出生的人属

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文名句短语

At the Tea Table There was a tree in front of the house. A big table under the tree had places for a lot of people, but there were only three at it: the Hatter, the March Hare, and a dormouse. The Dormouse was asleep, and the other two were sitting v

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky. Got a minute? You've heard of tennis elbow. Well, a friend of mine has gamekeeper's thumb. When he told me his diagnosis, it rang a bell. So I went through the Scientific American arc

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

The bountiful Easter bunnies have become the most favorite Easter symbol. It's universal and secular in its appeal. And, most important of all, it relates to Easter historically. However, one fact has got to be made clear. It is the hare, and not the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英美文化

I. I am not the pheasant plucker, I'm the pheasant plucker's mate. I am only plucking pheasants 'cause the pheasant plucker's running late. I cannot bear to see a bear bear down upon a hare. When bare

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

Chapter 6 - The fox hunt The old count went home, and Natasha and Petya promised to return very soon, but as it was still early the hunt went farther. At midday they put the hounds into a ravine thickly overgrown with young trees. Nikolai standing in

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

A: Will you decide to rent it? 您决定要租了吗? B: Yes. I'll take it. I'll see you in the rental office. 是的,我决定租用它了,我会去租赁办公室找你。 A: Rental office. May I help you? 这里是租赁公司,有什么我可

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

Topics: The Joy of Cooking by Irma Rombauer; Famous songs: Little Bunny Foo Foo; science of versus knowledge of; good versus not bad Words: cookbook recipe a wide spectrum of cuisine hand motion to scoop up to bop goon poof moral play on words hare s

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

Baboon set off across the mud to the river and washed his hands. So Baboon set off across the mud and washed his hands again. When Baboon got back,Tortoise said,Your hands are all muddy again.Once more Tortoise sent Baboon to the river. The smell of

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语原版童书

Chapter 13 第13章 Cat and Fox and Marionette walked and walked and walked. 猫,狐狸和木偶一直走啊走啊走啊。 At last, toward evening, dead tired, they came to the Inn of the Red Lobster. 最后,他们走到天黑,直至精疲力,

发表于:2019-01-29 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 木偶奇遇记

In the state of Song there was a farmer in whose fields stood a tree stump.A hare which was running very fast dashed against the stump and died,having broken its neck.So the farmer abandoned his plough and waited by the tree stump,hoping to g

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味英语

LESSON 6 NURSERY RHYMES 第六课 童谣 Hush-a-bye, baby, on the tree-top! 树梢上的宝贝,安静吧! When the wind blows the cradle will rock! 当风轻轻吹过,摇篮就会轻轻晃动! When the bough breaks the cradle will fall 当大树

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英国语文第一册

We are back with Jim Parsons from The Big Bang Theory 欢迎回来 这位是《生活大爆炸》的Jim Parson and we are gonna prepare you the first play you did on Broadway was 我们现在要给你预演一下 你在百老汇的第一场演出叫

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 艾伦脱口秀

Hare said the reason why is because capitalism at its most ruthless rewards psychopathic behavior Hare解释说原因来自资本主义的冷酷无情造就了精神疾病的行为 the lack of empathy, the glibness, cunning, manipulative. 缺乏同理心

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇