Dialogue A Marla and Hank are driving to Marlas sisters new house. Marla: Are you sure this is the right street? Hank: No, I have absolutely no idea where we are. Marla: Well, you have a lousy1 sense of direction so I knew we'd get lost. Hank: It's n

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤生活英语

Marissa 和同事 Hank 正在讨论吸烟的问题。Hank 说,有不少研究都发现,涨价确实能起到一定的抑制作用,促使一部分人戒烟。Marissa 说, M: I see. The high prices act as the straw that broke the camel's back.

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

The 2007 Berlin marathon for males over 55 was unusual in that the winner cheated. Hank skipped two checkpoints during the race. The electronic tracking chip that all runners must wear confirmed that Hank had run only 17 miles of the 26-mile marathon

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Henry Fonda and James Stewart were two of the greatest stars of Hollywood's golden years. A new biography describes their 50-year friendship and dedication to their craft. Each was an actor before he became a star, their biograph

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

Touch Me Touch Me is a soliloquy(独白)composed by Hank Miller, about the Vietnam (越南)Veterans(退伍军人) Memorial in Washington, D.C. also known as The Wall. This monument is one of the most visited sites in the city of Washington. -----By Ha

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 早读英语精华本基础篇

Chris向一家香港公司的老板 Hank 和部门主管Rebecca介绍申请国际认证的程序。首先是安全,其中还有防范恐怖袭击的要求。老板Hank表示不解。 C: Well, after the terrorist attacks on September 11th, all the r

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

一家香港公司的老板Hank带Chris去见部门主管Rebecca。 Hank: Rebecca, I'd like you to meet Chris Lee. Rebecca: How do you do, Mr. Lee? Chris: Very well, thank you. And call me Chris. H: Chris is here to walk us through the certification

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Alvin didnt like the way the waiter walkedhe projected an air of arrogance. The waiter came to their table with three glasses in one hand and three menus in the other. His thumb and fingers were all over the insides of the glasses. Alvin was disguste

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Hank liked to drink beer. He drank beer every day. He drank 12 cans of beer every day. He liked to drive his truck. He liked to drive his truck and drink his beer. He threw the empty beer cans on the floor of his truck. Empty beer cans were on the pa

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

1980年Sarah Connor出生在德国的一个小镇上,据说因为是祖父的奥尔良血统,使她14岁便开始在教堂的唱诗班担任演唱,然后又在父母的安排下学习正统的声乐训练,企图成为一名歌剧女演员,还在学校的舞台上出演舞台剧、音乐剧。 似乎当时的Sarah Connor即将走上古典道路,

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

Dear Jake, I wanted to thank you for all of the help you've given me over the past several weeks. Being laid up with pneumonia really caught me off-guard, but you went above and beyond in taking care of me. Before I got sick, we had only known each o

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

公司主管开会,执行总裁Rick宣布,公司要召回一批质量有问题的空调,召回行动的第一步是发表新闻简报,Rick告诉公司另外两位高管Samantha和Hank说: R: We will then specify the year and model of the AC

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Americans Reflect on Thanksgiving Blessings Thursday, Nov. 24, is Thanksgiving Day in America, a day set aside both for good eating and for gratitude. On an unseasonably warm day in New Yorks Foley Square, Mone and her two young daughters, Jasiyah an

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十一月)

After Sandy, New Yorkers Give Holiday Thanks This year's Thanksgiving holiday falls just three weeks after Hurricane Sandy battered New York City, leaving thousands homeless or displaced. Rashawn Austins neighborhood was relatively unscathed but love

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十一月)

May 26th,1940During World War II, hundreds of thousands of Allied troops begin their evacuation from Dunkirk ,France. They escape Nazi Germanys advancing forces making their way across the English Channel to Britain. 1868 In Washington, President And

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2011年

You forgot to say thank you, said the apartment building manager. Thank you for what? Sid asked. Remember your email? she asked. He had sent an email about a safety hazard. He had suggested installing a window in the lobby door. Sometimes people leav

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(197) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语小短文

情景对话: Phil:Honey,I'mgettingworriedaboutAlex.Idon'tthinkshesleptagainlastnight.It'slikethethirdnightinarow. Claire:Ithoughtyouweregonnasetyouralarmandcheckonher? Phil:Stupidthingneverwentoff. 知识点讲解: Inarow 连续 【例句一】

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

介绍: 劈腿的3三种英文说法: have an affair with someone 与某人有暧昧关系,有外遇 She used to have an affair with one of her husband's friends. 她之前和他丈夫的一个朋友搞外遇。 cheat on someone 不忠实于 (配偶或

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说

Hello, morehouse 你好 莫尔豪斯 Thank you, everybody. Please be seated 谢谢大家 请就坐 I love you back 我也爱你 That is why i am here 所以我才来到这里 I have to say that 我想说 It is one of the great honors of my life 能为这

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

Hank: Whats that for? Svetlana: This costume? Im planning a publicity stunt to get our store more business. Hank: You think that dressing up as a giant banana will get our store more business? Svetlana: We need to get media coverage for the grand ope

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客