By Al Pessin Pentagon 25 January 2008 U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says he discussed U.S. military policy toward Africa with Irish rock star Bono during a short meeting at his Pentagon office earlier this week. The secretary provided some deta

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(一月)

There's been a shakeup in the Trump administration. Michael Flynn has resigned as White House national security adviser after less than a month on the job. Flynn is a retired lieutenant general with the U.S. Army. As national security adviser, he was

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年2月

AZUZ: After visits to Saudi Arabia and Israel on his first trip abroad as U.S. leader, President Donald Trump headed to Europe, visiting the Vatican, the world's smallest country yesterday. There, he met with Pope Francis, the leader of the Roman Cat

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2017年7月

PRESIDENT BUSH: It's been my honor to welcome to the Oval Office the President and First Lady of a close friend of the United States. Mr. President, thank you for coming. We've had a good discussion about a variety of issues. We discussed bilateral

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

Chinese and Russian naval forces have left the southern Russian port city of Novorossiysk to conduct Joint Sea-2015 drills. The military exercises will be held in the Mediterranean, with nine ships from both navies taking place. The drills will be st

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

By Scott Stearns White House 19 March 2008 President Bush is backing Georgia's bid to join the NATO alliance. VOA White House Correspondent Scott Stearns reports, Mr. Bush met in the Oval Office with Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili ahead of ne

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(三月)

By Margaret Besheer Baghdad 21 December 2006 The new U.S. Defense Secretary, Robert Gates, visited with troops in Baghdad and held meetings with top Iraqi officials on the second day of a trip to Iraq. His visit comes as President Bush is considerin

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十二月)

By Andre de Nesnera Washington 28 June 2007 Russia strongly opposes Washington's plan to introduce a missile defense system in Eastern Europe. In this report from Washington, VOA Senior Correspondent Andr de Nesnera looks at the proposal, which will

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(六月)

By Sean Maroney Washington 28 March 2007 watch Global Elections report Challenges to democracy in the complex world of the 21st century are the topic of a week-long conference that opened in Washington Tuesday. Sponsored by the Global Electoral Orga

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(三月)

Six countries meeting in Beijing are trying to work out how to best verify North Korea's account of its nuclear program. The six parties are set to continue this week with meetings in Beijing. Envoys from Russia, US, North Korea, Japan, China and So

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十二月)

Obama Meets Chinese, Japanese Leaders at East Asia Summit It was the first meeting between the president and Premier Wen since their talks at the last East Asia Summit in Bali last year and since Obama's re-election to a second term. The two have met

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十一月)

By Peter Fedynsky Moscow 16 November 2009 Russia says the controversial Bushehr nuclear power plant it is helping build in Iran will not go into service by the end of the year as planned. The announcement comes a day after President Dmitri Medvedev

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十一月)

ARI SHAPIRO, HOST: The Washington Post reports this evening that President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, discussed with the Russian ambassador the possibility of having a secret direct channel to the Kremlin leading up to the inauguration. And T

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST: The White House says President Trump is inviting Russian President Vladimir Putin to Washington this fall. Well, before then, there are mixed messages to clear up. Russian officials say Trump and Putin agreed in Helsinki to w

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台7月

For more on the visits to Africa by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, lets cross live to Professor Macharia Munene from the United States International University in Nairobi. Q1: Hello Professor, how have the lo

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年01月

By Craig McCulloch Las Vegas 18 April 2007 Leaders in the U.S. broadcast industry are discussing new technologies and trends at the annual meeting of the National Association of Broadcasters in Las Vegas,Nevada. As Craig McCulloch reports, HD Radio,

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(四月)

今天我们要学的词是exemption。 Exemption, 例外。Virginia banned smoking in bars and restaurants a month ago, with the exemptions of private clubs, 维吉尼亚州一个月前开始禁止在酒吧和餐馆里吸烟,私人俱乐部除外。

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

I was absent at last months meeting, so imagine my surprise when I found out that I had been elected the committees secretary ! As part of my duties, I have to take minutes at each meeting. Taking minutes means I have to pay attention and try my best

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

U.S. Vice President Dick Cheney deplored Russia's military action in Georgia and said Tiblisi has every right to join NATO in the future. Sabina Castelfranco reports for VOA from Rome that Cheney spoke after a meeting with Italian Prime Minister Sil

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(九月)

This year's Summer Davos wraps up in the city of Dalian Friday afternoon. Our reporter Luo Yu caught up with Sebastian Buckup, Head of Programming with the World Economic Forum, at the closing ceremony. He talks about what he thinks of this year's co

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台