K: hi, Isaiah. How are you? I: Im well. And you? K: fine. Hows your job going? I: I dont know if I told you or not, but I decided to start my own business. K: really? Thats fantastic. What kind of business is it? I: Ive started an investment banking

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语情景口语

Broadcast: Jan 20 2003 India has tested its most 1) sophisticated surface-to-air missile on the country's east coast. The test of the

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-国际时讯

A: If I want to buy this car, what will it cost me? B: Let me get my contract out, and we'll figure that out for you right now. A: Can't you just tell me what it costs? B: You know, I am prepared to offer you a great deal today on that car. With tax,

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

经典语境背诵 Dad: I have no sense of directions at all. So many times when I go out to some place by bus I would have to ask the conductor how to get there. Thanks to them that they are always so helpful. But I dont know how they can remember s

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

Margot Fonteyn was born as Margaret Hookham in England in 1919. Many consider her to be the greatest English ballerina of all time. She received the title of Dame when she was 35 from Britains Queen. Fonteyn had a sparkling career and encouraged arti

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

Reuters is a United Kingdom-based news agency that provides reports to news media worldwide. It was founded in 1851 by Paul Julius Reuter, who used new submarine cables under the English Channel to wire stock prices from bourses on continental Europe

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

ENVIRONMENT REPORT - September 27, 2002: Chronic Wasting Disease in Animals in U.S. By Mario Ritter This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Chronic wasting disease is infecting large anima

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

Ed Yeranian Lebanese Army troops and riot police have fired on a crowd of stone-throwing demonstrators in a suburb of Beirut. Lebanese television stations are reporting three people were killed and a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

影片对白 Rex: What's this? Bree: Your son's urine. Rex (to his golf partner): I'm gonna need a moment. Bree: I think Andrew has been smoking marijuana, so I want you to take this and get it tested right away. Rex: Why? Bree: Because I want you to

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Mary Alice Young: Of the many suburban rituals, none is quite so cherished as the neighborhood yard sale. The shoppers come to sift through the discarded belongings of someone they don't really know, in the hopes of finding bargains they do

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Mary Alice Young: Susan awoke that night alone and parched. And as she gazed out her window, she saw the tall drink of water she needed to quench her thirst. Julie: Dear Diary. Mike doesn't even know I'm alive. Susan: Shut up. Julie: If you

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

影片对白 Danielle: Why can't we have a normal soup? Bree: Danielle, there is nothing abnormal about basil puree. Danielle: Just once, can we have a soup that people all heard of, like French onion, or navy bean. Bree: First of all, your father can't

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

By Peter Fedynsky Moscow 09 August 2007 Recent news from Russia has involved a flurry of military affairs - the introduction of new weapons, the suspension of a key international treaty, training exercises, and most recently, a missile incident in ne

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(八月)

今天我们要学的词是obsolete。 Obsolete, 是过时的意思。美国国防部长盖茨在西点军校发表讲话时说, The traditional U.S. Army, with its large units that include tanks and other heavy equipment, is fast becoming obsolete

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

T-Shirt是巴巴多斯女歌手Shontelle推出的第一支单曲,收录在她的个人第一张大碟《Shontelligence》中。T-Shirt于08年7月在主流电台播放后立即取得了巨大的反响,在最新的美国单曲榜排名第36,在美国流行榜排名第21,同样在加拿大单曲榜上获得了第45名,而最好的打榜成

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

The Green Party MP and co-leader, retired from Parliament today. She has been in Parliament for 13 years. She was elected as a list MP for the Alliance Party in the first MMP Parliament in 1996. At that time, the Greens were part of the Alliance Part

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Anti-government protesters have ended their occupation of the airports in Bangkok after a court ruling removed Thailand's prime minister. But as Ron Corben reports from the Thai capital, the political outlook remains clouded, because of concerns ove

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十二月)

今天我们要学的词是celebrate。 Celebrate, 庆祝。 President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama celebrated his inauguration by dancing in ten inaugural balls, 美国新任总统奥巴马和第一夫人米歇尔参加了十场就职舞

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Deborah Block Irbil 13 February 2008 An official at a psychiatric hospital in the Iraqi capital has been detained on suspicion of supplying information about mentally ill patients to al-Qaida in Iraq. VOA's Deborah Block has further details. A U.S

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2008年(二月)

USSucceedinginEffortstoDisruptTerroristFinancing The United States continues to fight the war on terror - not with blood, but with zeroes and bytes and bank accounts. The attacks on New York and Washington in 2001 launched a new kind of war, one wage

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)