Scientists Create Method to Test Food and Drugs for Purity Millions of people in developing countries have to be on guard against contaminated food and medicine. Some products could be harmful -- even deadly. In Nigeria, brake fluid was found in a pr

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Our dog, Rex, used to sit outside our front gate and bark. Every time he wanted to come into the garden he would bark until someone opened the gate. As the neighbours complained of the noise, my husba

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(248) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第二册

1. Health officials say the number of deaths associated with the swine flu outbreak in Mexico is rising. Eighty-one people now dead because of the strain, another 1,300 have gotten sick. The World Health Organization says the outbreak has pandemic p

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(四)月

The spread of cell phones, computers and other technology has increased economic growth in the developing world. Transcript of radio broadcast: 01 July 2008 VOICE ONE: I'm Barbara Klein. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Specia

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

India says it is satisfied with outcome of the recent climate summit at Copenhagen, which did not spell out specific targets for reducing carbon emissions. India is hailing the united position adopted by big developing countries at the summit. Anjana

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Rotavirus Vaccine Arrives in Rwanda More than 3,000 Rwandan children die every year from diarrhea. But health officials say thats about to change with the introduction of the rotavirus vaccine. Rwanda is the latest in a growing number of African coun

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(五月)

Good morning everybody. And welcome to the launch of our new L50, and to this presentation. In a way, launch is no longer the correct word. Many of you have already had a chance to get to know the new car in your test drive this morning. So, I will n

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 林超伦实战口译练习笔记

The Dialogue of Emerging Market and Developing Countries was held during the BRICS Xiamen Summit in Xiamen, Fujian Province, on Tuesday, September 5, 2017. Chinese president Xi Jinping chairs the dialogue. Leaders of the five BRICS nations, along wit

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2017CRI中国国际广播电台

This year's G20 Summit in Hangzhou will see the leaders of the world's most powerful economies come together with a record number of foreign delegations to the annual sessions. Five countries, including Chad, Senegal, Egypt, Laos and Kazakhstan are s

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2016CRI中国国际广播电台

Tyler said, The government is developing a super pill. It'll record and play back everything you see and do. If you forget where you put your keys, close your eyes. Think 'keys,' and you'll see an audio-video of when you last used your keys. If you f

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Yael: Y'know, I've always wondered what you were like as a kid, Don . . . I bet you were a nice, sweet little boy. Don: Actually, Yael, just the opposite. At least that's what I'm told. Evidently I could be pretty difficult as a toddler. Y: Really? B

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

The Kodak company plans to stop selling traditional film cameras in the United States, Canada and western Europe by the end of this year. Sales of cameras for use only one time will continue. Kodak will also continue to sell its traditional thirty-fi

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

EDUCATION REPORT -August 29, 2002: Adult Education By Jerilyn Watson (Photo -Montgomery College) This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Millions of Americans take part in adult education pr

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

ECONOMICS REPORT - IMF Says World Economy Is Recovering By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Friday, April 30, 2004 This is Bob Doughty with the VOA Special English Economics Report. The International Monetary

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与经济

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Reusing Metal Waste Provides Work For Many in Developing Countries By Gary Garriott Broadcast: Monday, April 04, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Development Repor

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

President Barack Obama has nominated Dartmouth College President Jim Yong Kim to head the World Bank. Making the announcement Friday in the White House Rose Garden, President Obama said the World Bank is much more than just a bank. He called the inst

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The Office - Job Well Done (C0105) A: And so, that concludes my outline for our marketing strategy next year. Thank you very much for your time. B: Hey, that was quite the presentation! Honestly, I was completely blown away by your strategy outline.I

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

本期内容: Hillary Clinton declared a historic victory with a decisive win in the California primary. But her rival for the Democratic nomination, Bernie Sanders, said he would remain in the contest until the party convention in Philadelphia in

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 夏说英语新闻晨读

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: If I hadn't push so hard that year to find the job that lit me up inside, now I wouldn't have a marketing company of my very own. 如果当年没有如此卖力寻找一份能激励我的工作,现

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

13. When shopping, after-sale service should be considered as an important factor. 购物时,售后服务是一个重要因素。 还能这样说: After-sale service is an important consideration when go shopping. After-sale service takes up an i

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇