I bought a new DVD player last weekend. When I got home and hooked it up, I realized that it was defective. I trudged back to the store to return it. Clerk: Next, please. Jeff: Hi, I bought this DVD player last Saturday and I'd like to return it. Cle

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

These days, people have new powers. Notthat kind, I mean on the web. We can create websites and post messages to theworld with the click ofa button. Blogs, social networking sites and twitter, all make it easy. But this power comes with new responsib

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语解说豆知识2011年

A: Hi, I would like to return this TV. 您好,我想退掉这台电视机。 B: Sure, do you have the receipt? 没问题。您有发票吗? A: Yeah here you go. Actually I also want to return this keyboard. 有,给您。我还想把这个键盘也

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

公司被人状告索赔,同事们在讨论如何应对。 S: So how does this work? What will we have to do? B: A lawyer will stop by next week and take statements from each of us. S: What kind of statement are they looking for? B: It will probabl

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

By Jim Malone Washington 23 April 2007 Students and faculty returned to classes at Virginia Tech University, one week after the worst mass-shooting spree in U.S. history. VOA national correspondent Jim Malone reports from Washington. A white balloon(

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(四月)

Japanese automaker Toyota has announced yet another recall. This time it is Tacoma pickup trucks sold in the United Sates. The announcement is the latest in a string of recalls that have hurt the company's image, and prompted concern among many in Ja

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

By Matt Steinglass Hanoi 04 April 2006 Dao Dinh Binh (File photo - Dec. 4, 2003) Vietnam's transportation minister has resigned to take responsibility for a huge gambling scandal, and a vice minister

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

Advanced - Just In Time Strategy (E0047) A: I called this meeting today in order to discuss our manufacturing plan. As Im sure youre all aware,with the credit crunch, and the global financial crisis,were obligated to look for more cost efficient ways

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正地道美语

By Carol Pearson Washington, D.C. 26 November 2007 Kidney sales are legal in Iran, and they take place in other countries where they are technically against the law. Now, a prominent American surgeon advocates making kidney sales legal in the United

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

今天我们要学的词是misleading。 Misleading, 误导的。前埃及总统穆巴拉克的法律顾问出面否认穆巴拉克拥有巨额财富的说法。 The legal adviser called the speculation false and misleading, 这位法律顾问称这种

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

By Jessica Berman Washington 04 October 2006 New research suggests that infectious diseases may run in families. Investigators say the discovery represents a major shift in the way scientists view human disease. Experts have always accepted that cer

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

今天我们要学的词是 large-scale。Large-scale 大规模的。The police busted a large-scale drug-trafficking ring. 警察捕获了一个大型毒品走私集团。Russia said that it is not planning a large-scale evacuation of its citizens l

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Suzanne: Dont take that! Im reading an article in the newspaper about all of the drugs and medical devices that have been recalled in the past year and you wouldnt believe how long this list is. Abdul: Im just taking something for my headache. Im sur

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客