From NPR News in Washington, Im Lakshmi Singh. The sell-out in major markets around the world is playing out on Wall Street. In late trading, the Dow plunged more than 400 points; its now down more than 500 points, or more than three percent. The SP

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

(Oh, is that time?) It's time for a quick version of (Oh, Willie.) News You Can't Use. We only have time for one story. So, Mica, (Oh, dear.) I have to give you the one I promise you. You asked for filth, I give you filth. (Oh, dear.) A Californian

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2008

The nation's leading manufacturer of ammunition Steel Hawk Incorporated announced a massive recall today of jacketed hollow point bullets which may not properly shred the internal organs of victims. When functioning normally, the tip of a hollow poin

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2009

President Obama has signed new executive measures as part of his effort to close the persistent pay gap between men and women. NPR Scott Horsley says federal contractors will soon have to give the government more information about how much they pay t

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

From npr news in Washington I'm Winsir Johnston. Newly released document show General Motors delayed another recall. This one involves more than 300,000 vehicles with defective power staling systems. Npr's Hosney Lowon reports the news comes on the h

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年NPR美国国家公共电台4月

The House has approved a resolution letting speaker John Boehner sue President Obama over his implementation of the Affordable Care Act. There was a long party lines. NPR's S.V. Dte reports Democrats are calling it apolitical stand, time to help Repu

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

Government surveillance powers that lapsed early Monday should be reinstated soon, just after the senate gave final passage today of the legislation, extending those powers another four years. NPR's DW explains the so-called USA Freedom Act also ends

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

The Federal Reserve is holding the line oninterest rates for now. Any move to nudge rates higher has been put off for atleast another month. NPR's GW says Fed policy makers are waiting for abetter sense of the impact of slower global growth on the US

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

Psychologist Barbara Held of Maine believes that a little kvetching makes for a better outlook on life. I believe in mystery. I believe in family. I believe in being who I am. I believe in the power of failure. And I believe normal life is extraordi

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年NPR美国国家公共电台

The Romney family is a tight-knit clan. Mitt and Anne Romney like many wealthy couples are working to make sure their wealth passes to five sons and grandchildren. A family trust established as early as 1995, has amassed 100 million dollars according

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(十)月

由于安全气囊问题美国召回3400万辆汽车 Authorities in the USA are recalling a record 34 million cars because of safety concerns over the airbags fitted in them. The manufacturer of the airbags has admitted that mechanisms inside the bag

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语商业新闻

Improving Industrial efficiency through Robotics Robots, becoming increasingly prevalent in factories and industrial plants throughout the developed world, are programmed and engineered to perform ind

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Robots, becoming increasingly prevalent in factories and industrial plants throughout the developed world, are programmed and engineered to perform industrial tasks without human intervention. Most of today's robots are employed in the automotive ind

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 双语有声阅读

By Ted Landphair Washington 26 July 2007 For a second time in a year, President Bush has vetoed a bill that would have sanctioned federally funded stem cell research using human embryos. His stance reflects conservatives' view that destroying life to

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(七月)

专家评定埃塞俄比亚最上等咖啡 International coffee experts travel the world to find the best tasting cup.They keep coming back to Ethiopia, where importers like Morton Wennersgaard say the climate produces quality coffee beans. 国际咖啡

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(四月)

Drivers of US Vehicles at Risk, Says Auto Safety Group WASHINGTON As U.S. lawmakers demand to know why it took U.S. automaker General Motors more than 10 years to replace a safety defect, an auto safety group says the delay exposes a major flaw in th

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(四月)

A: What can I do for you? B: I need to return something. A: What do you need to return? B: I need to return this cellphone that I just bought. A: What is wrong with it? B: It isn't working properly. A: What is the problem with it? B: For some reason

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

A: How may I help you? B: I would like to return an item. A: What are you returning? B: I want to return this cellphone. A: Is there a problem? B: It's broken. A: What exactly is wrong with it? B: The phone turns off by itself. A: That's fine, but do

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

A: How may I help you? B: I would like to return an item. A: What are you returning? B: I want to return this cellphone. A: Is there a problem? B: It's broken. A: What exactly is wrong with it? B: The phone turns off by itself. A: That's fine, but do

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 购物-Shopping

Nothing good can come of telling your spouse you sound just like your mother. 若你对你的伴侣说,你说话和你妈一个德性,看吧,那之后准没好事。 When you're married or in a long-term relationship, some things are better lef

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台