Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. James Monroe In the spring of eighteen twenty, President James Monroe was coming to the end of his first four years as president. He wanted to be elected again. But he faced

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(九)月

President Fillmore Signs Compromise of 1850 美国总统菲尔莫尔签署1850年妥协案 From VOA Learning English, welcome to The Making of a Nation, our weekly program of American history for people learning American English. Im Steve Ember. In 1

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Kansas-Nebraska Act Raises Slavery Issue Once Again 堪萨斯-内布拉斯加法案再次提出了奴隶制问题 From VOA Learning English, welcome to The Making of a Nation, our weekly program of American history for people learning American Englis

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(六)月

They are in the botanical garden, near the Cathedral of All Saints. She sees one tear and leans forward and licks it, taking it into her mouth.( As she has taken the blood from his hand when he cut himself cooking for her. Blood. Tear.) He feels

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英语文学名著

However, my parents, both of whom came from impoverished backgrounds and neither of whom had been to college, took the view that my overactive imagination was an amusing personal quirk that would never pay a mortgage, or secure a pension. 然而, 我

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(31) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Sarah向原来的同事 Amanda 诉苦,说刚换了新工作,就赶上三个人过生日,都要凑份子,感觉心理很不平衡。Amanda 劝她说, A: If I were you, I would just bite the bullet and hand over the money. First impressions a

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

He sent ships and soldiers to Charleston and ordered the collector of that port to collect the duties. 杰克森派军舰和士兵到达查理斯顿并命令海关的收税员收税, He then asked Congress to give him greater power. 随后他要求国

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

Antonio Guterres became the ninth United Nations Secretary-General on Sunday. The term of former U.N. leader Ban Ki-Moon ended at midnight, December 31. 周日,安东尼奥古特雷斯(Antonio Guterres)成为第九任联合国秘书长。联合国

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Well I'm shamemeless when it comes to loving you I'll do anything you want me to I'll do anything at all And I'm standing here for all the world to see Oh baby, that's what's left of me Don't have very far to fall You know now I'm not a man who's eve

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Todd: Now Mike, we've been talking about diabetes, and recently in the United States they've wanted to put warning labels on things like soda and fast food, and things like that, warning about the possibility of getting something like diabetes. Do yo

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

ANNOUNCER: Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. In eighteen fifty, the United States Congress debated a proposal for an important compromise. The compromise dealt mostly with the national dispute over slavery. T

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2009年(四)月

Analysts Say Partisan Bickering Could Be Good for US Compromise is what most Americans expect their elected officials to do. Compromise is not a nasty word. It is how we get things done, one person who stopped to answer VOA's questions said. I would

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(一月)

The International Crisis Group warns Ivory Coast's long-delayed presidential poll could lead to violent chaos if more is not done to ensure the security of the electoral process and resolve issues of nationality and voter eligibility. In a report rel

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

Sarah向原来的同事 Amanda 诉苦,说刚换了新工作,就赶上三个人过生日,都要凑份子,感觉心理很不平衡。Amanda 劝她说, A: If I were you, I would just bite the bullet and hand over the money. First impressions a

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says his new government is ready to make a historic compromise by meeting with Palestinians for peace talks. Netanyahu says he hopes to renew peace talks, after little progress has been made during his past f

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

A: May I smoke? 我可以抽烟吗? B: It's forbidden in this section. 这里禁止吸烟。 A: Do you have any seat preferences? 您喜欢坐什么样的位置? B: Could you please put me in the non-smoking section? 你能不能请把我留在非吸

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

By Paula Wolfson Washington 05 September 2006 George W. Bush President Bush is defending his handling of the war on terror as the fifth anniversary of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks on the United States rapidly approaches. Mr. Bush says th

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(166) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(九月)

375. The Crittenden Compromise Plan. 375.科里滕登折中计划 Many men hoped that even now secession might be stopped by some compromise. 许多人希望到了这个地步还可以通过妥协来阻止退出联邦的行为。 President Buchanan

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

US Defends Withdrawal from Racism Conference Scott Stearns White House 4 Sep 2001 The Bush Ministration said that it withdrew from U.N. anti-racism conference in South Africa because the meeting ' s p

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(5)

Idiom: Rule of thumb ( common sense ) Hit the book: Center around Novelty Appeal Compromise Prioritize Domino effect Nudge Self-perpetuating Price-sensitive The chances of Taco Bell committing to use only cage-free eggs seemed particularly unlikely g

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语