10. What Are Friends For? Jane meets her old friend, Fred. J: Hi, Fred! How's everything? F: Not so good, I'm afraid. Supporting a family is becoming more and more difficult these days. J: What you sa

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(746) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄中级美国英语

I’m trying to control myself So please don’t stand in my way I’ve waited for the longest time This is what I wanted in my way *Move over, move over There’s a 1) climax coming my way Move over,

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2002年

Compromise 折中 A: We're considering of ordering 200 computers, but I'm wondering about the price you'll possibly offer. B: Our price will be not less than $ 5000. A: Your price is higher than I expected. Could you give us a little discount? B: Thi

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 初学者英语听力

A: What's for lunch? B: I don't know. What do you want to eat? A: I was thinking of pizza. B: That's what I ate yesterday. A: Well, what do you want to eat? B: I wouldn't mind a burger. A: I ate a burger just the other day. B: We're going to have to

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-食物

The Federal Reserve is taking another unorthodox step to try to stimulate the US economy. NPR's Chris Arnold says the Fed is engaging in what's being called the Twist. The Fed says it'll sell 400 billion dollars in short-term treasuries and buy up to

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年NPR美国国家公共电台9月

addition [ə'diʃən] n.加,增加(量) boss [bɔs] n.老板,工头 compound ['kəmpaund] n.复合物,化合物 difficult ['difikəlt] a.困难的 expert ['ekspə:t] n.专家,能手 headquarters ['hed'kwə:təz] n.司令部,指挥部,总部

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(179) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

M: Ok, so where do you think we can save more money? W: Well, we could eat in more. That 300 dollars for entertainment is mostly going to restaurants. M: Yeah. Thats a good idea and you like to cook. What about the books? W: No, I need my books. M:

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 想聊就聊

A: What's for lunch? B: I don't know. What do you want to eat? A: I was thinking of pizza. B: That's what I ate yesterday. A: What do you want to eat? B: I wouldn't mind a burger. A: I ate a burger just the other day. B: We're going to have to compro

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 食物-Food

1. Lawmakers on Capital Hill say they've reached a compromise on the bill extending a payroll tax cut and jobless benefits for the unemployment. Speaker John Boehner says he supports the agreement, but he doesn't think the deal will help the US econo

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(323) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(二月)

Youve had your first and second interviews, youve performed well, and youve been selected. Youre one of the lucky few youve succeeded: Youve got a job offer in hand. But now comes one of the hardest parts of the whole process negotiating your salary.

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 原汁原味商务英语播客

1.compromise 和解,让步 危害,损害 In the end I agreed to compromise. 最终我同意让步。 The virus will compromise our immune system. 这种病毒会损害我们的免疫系统。 2.bolt 逃跑 锁住 The horse bolted at the sound of

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

Compromise 折衷 We're considering of ordering 200 computers, but I'm wondering about the price you'll possibly offer. 我们正考虑订购200台电脑,但不知贵方的给出的价格是多少? Our price will be not less than $5000. 5000美元一

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语话题王

With a deadline looming to cut Americas massive federal deficit, lawmakers of both parties appear to be softening rigid ideological stances in hopes of striking a bipartisan accord that would put the United States on a sounder fiscal path. Economists

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

关于婚礼的中西文化差异 Chinese and Western culture in Marriage Hi there, I'm a British Black guy and I've been dating my Chinese girlfriend for over a year now. She is a international student. She moved in with me with 2 months of knowing

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

美国参议院批准两党预算协议 CAPITOL HILL The U.S. Senate has voted 64 to 36 to approve a two-year federal budget that eases automatic spending cuts and averts the threat of another government shutdown.The measure received bipartisan suppo

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

在商务谈判时,中国人想如何造句,用什么时态,而外国人在挖空心思压低价格。用英语进行谈判要求绝对的语言和场面控制能力、敏锐的思维、对西方文化和经济的深刻认识和强烈的民族认

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

MOSCOW, Jan. 4 (Xinhua) -- Belarussian tennis player Victoria Azarenka withdrew Friday from the Brisbane International tennis tournament, in a bid to recover from a toe injury to defend her Australian Open title when the year's first Grand Slam start

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Members of the U.S. House of Representatives have agreed to vote on a Senate-passed bill that would avert the so-called fiscal cliff of automatic tax increases and mandated spending cuts. The Republican-dominated House will take a straight up-or-down

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Idiom: Put a sock in it ( shut up ) Hit the book: Chip in Guarantee Represent Sizable Median Exceed Compromise Deep pocket 35 is the new 25 When it comes to buying property, 35 has become the new 25, even for buyers with parents prepared to chip in o

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

1. accord n. 一致;协调 Though we are in accord on what our goals should be, we differ on the means for achieving them. 虽然我们在目标上是一致的,但在达到目标的方法上却不同。 2. compact n. 协定 The states bordering o

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 突破英文词汇