38. Religious Intolerance. 38.宗教不容忍 In 1625 King James died, and his son Charles became king. 1625年,国王詹姆斯死去, He left the Virginians to themselves for the most part. They liked this. 他的儿子查理继位,他极度放

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生历史

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - James Rouse was a land developer who built shopping malls and a planned city near Washington, D.C. By Jerilyn Watson Broadcast: Sunday, November 13, 2005 (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Ste

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(93) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus with PEOPLE IN AMERICA in VOA Special English. Today we tell about James Rouse. He was a developer who found new ways to improve American cities. (MUSIC) STEVE EMBER: It was a gray day in nineteen seventy-three. Ja

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(一)月

Aid Now Reaching Victims at Center of Nepal Earthquake 目前援助到达尼泊尔地震中心位置 The United Nations said Wednesday that it was beginning to provide food and medicine around the town of Ghorkha, Nepal. That area was the epicenter o

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Murals Brighten Baltimore Neighborhood Sam came from South Africa to participate in the program known as Open Walls. Hes painted murals across the world. I get to learn about the world through painting art. If I came here as a tourist, I would never

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(四月)

Its the last time that I will say it this school year Friday is awesome. We appreciate you watching our last show until August 17th. I am Carl Azuz for CNN Student News. First up, another aspect to recent unrest in Baltimore, Maryland. Theres enough

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN美国有线新闻2015年6月

Chapter 20 Pirate Seas 第20章 海盗的海洋 I was once on a train leaving Baltimore when a man asked me where I was going. I told him I was going to Baltimore. 我有一次坐火车正要离开巴尔的摩,这时一个男子问我到哪去。我告

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Near the Mother of Waters are two cities.One is named Annapolis. 在河之母附近有两座城市。一个叫安纳波利斯, The other is named Baltimore. 另一个叫巴尔的摩。 Annapolis means Anna's City, and it too was named after a queen

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

Jame Rouse was a land developer who built shopping malls and a planned city near Washington, D.C. Written by Jerilyn Watson (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with People in America in VOA Special English. Today we t

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

Some US Cities, States Start Efforts to Prevent Deportations In the United States, the federal government is working to detain undocumented immigrants and get them removed from the country. Yet some U.S. city and state governments have started progra

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(四)月

By Lawrence Lanahan and Marissa Melton The High Zero Festival of Experimental Improvised Music takes place in Baltimore, Maryland, every October. It is billed as

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--时事新闻

1. As President Barack Obama prepares to make his case for another term, Paul Ryan says Obama has fallen woefully short of keeping the promises he made four years ago. At a rally in Colorado today, the Republican vice presidential candidate painted t

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2012(九月)

Baltimore Police Officers Charged in Death of Black Man 巴尔的摩警员因黑人死亡被指控 The chief prosecutor in the eastern U.S. city of Baltimore, Maryland has announced charges against six police officers in the case of the death of a 25

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

'War of 1812' Flag Still Inspires After 200 Years This is a really big year at Fort McHenry, a star-shaped fortification overlooking the harbor in Baltimore, Maryland. Baltimore and a few other places are commemorating the 200th anniversary of the st

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(九月)

US Prepares for 'Forgotten War' Bicentennial The cannons firing today at Fort McHenry in the U.S. state of Maryland, are for the benefit of tourists. But that wasnt the case nearly 200 years ago, when more than a dozen British ships bombarded the for

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(六月)

'The Star Spangled Banner' Celebrates 200 Years 庆祝美国国歌200周年 BALTIMORE This year, the U.S. city of Baltimore, Maryland is celebrating its role in the birth of Americas national anthem. National Park Service Ranger Vince Vaise is Chief

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(九月)

巴蒂摩尔抗议警察暴力 BALTIMORE Hundreds of protesters gathered Thursday in downtown Baltimore, inthe eastern U.S. state of Maryland, to again demand changes to the justice systemfollowing the death of a 25-year-old man taken into police cus

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(九月)

JEFFREY BROWN:Finally tonight: a leading lady of musical theater and much more. When Audra McDonald sings of going back home in a song by John Kander and Fred Ebb, she means it. New York is her home, but she spent much of the last four years in Los A

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: In Baltimore, the city is embroiled in a debate over its squeegee kids - young people who jump into street intersections, squeegees in hand, to clean car windows for cash. Drivers have been complaining about their run-ins w

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

今天我们要学的词是 in connection with. In connection with 意思是与某事相关的。Six police officers in connection with the death of Baltimore resident Freddie Gray are facing criminal charges. 跟巴尔的摩居民格雷之死有关的

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃