In the little town where I was born, there lived an old, old man 在我出生的小镇上,住着一位很老的老人, whose chief claim to distinction was the fact that he had never in his whole life been ten miles away from home. 他在镇上很有

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生世界地理教材

THE MAKING OF A NATION #48 - James Madison, Part 4 By Frank Beardsley Broadcast: Thursday, February 05, 2004 (THEME) VOICE ONE: THE MAKING OF A NATION -- a program in Special English. (THEME) As we re

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 The Making of a Nation

AS IT IS 2016-01-27 US Communities Clean Up After Major Snow Storm 美国社区清理暴风雪 Clean-up efforts continue in the eastern United States after a major winter storm left recording-setting snowfall and coastal flooding. But more than 2 ? d

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

1. Woman: Do you let people know when you are taking pictures of them? Man: I try not to. You know, any picture of a person who poses for the camera would look dull and unnatural. Question: What are the speakers talking about? A) Taking photographs.

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语四级听力-短对话

I think the great one of the greatest compliments I've ever received: I interviewed with a reporter when I was first starting out in Chicago. And then many years later, I saw the same reporter. And she said to me, You know what? You really haven't ch

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is whether you can use the word woman as an adjective. Ann in Baltimore, Maryland, asked why people were referring to Nancy Pelosi as the woman Speaker of the House instead of the female speaker of the house, and Amy

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

THIS IS AMERICA -May 20, 2002: BO Railroad Museum By George Grow VOICE ONE: The American city of Baltimore, Maryland is home to the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad Museum. Museum officials have organized

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

About Baseball (Olympic sport since 1992) 棒球概述(1992年成为奥运会正式比赛项目) Baseball’s stature in the history of the United States is perhaps reflected more clearly in a sim

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

From NPR News in Washington, Im Giles Snyder Authorities are urging people to stay off the roads in parts of the mid-Atlantic region. Blowing snow is keeping visibility to a minimum. Pennsylvanias governor has shut down large parts of three major hig

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年NPR美国国家公共电台2月

1. Speaking ahead of next weeks G20 summit in Pittsburgh, President Barack Obama says in his weekly radio and Internet address that the global financial system is stabilizing. But he adds much work needs to be done to produce needed jobs and growth.

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(九)月

1. An official says the eight passengers aboard a small aircraft with landing gear troubles walked off the plane after it landed safely in St. Louis. 2. Police have identified a suspect being sought in the hit-and-run death of a pregnant woman and he

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2013(三月)

Welcome to THE MAKING OF A NATION American history in VOA Special English. As we described last week, British forces attacked Washington in the summer of eighteen fourteen. They burned the Capitol building, the White House and other public buildings

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(八)月

A National Anthem Is Born During War of 1812 - The Making of a Nation No.38 国旗在1812年战争中诞生 From VOA Learning English, welcome to The Making of a Nation, our weekly program of American history for people learning English. Im Steve Emb

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十)月

BARBARA KLEIN: Welcome to American Mosaic in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) Im Barbara Klein. Today, we play music from the new hit album by singer/actress Selena Gomez And answer a question about the beautiful Florida city of Key West But, first, we r

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

AS IT IS 2015-05-06 Volunteers Aid Victims of Riots in Baltimore 志愿者援助巴尔的摩骚乱的受害者 Calm has returned to Baltimore, Maryland. There were riots in parts of the city after a funeral was held for an African-American man who di

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(五)月

暴乱之后的巴蒂摩尔 BALTIMORE, MARYLAND Government officials in Baltimore, Maryland, estimate $9 million in damage was caused by violent demonstrations and riots against police last month. Angry residents took to the streets in the predominat

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十月)

May 24th, 1844Inventor Samuel Morse opens America's first telegraph line. He transmits the message What hath God wrought from Washington D.C. to Baltimore. 1994In New York, four men convicted of bombing the World Trade Center the year before are each

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 历史上的今天-2011年

Let's welcome the Channel 13's People Are Talking, the fabulous Oprah Winfrey. I was given an assignment to co-host with Richard Sher who is still in Baltimore. My first interview was with the Carvel Ice-cream man, its mini play first, and Benny from

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

1. Mumbers of congress returned back to work after a summer recess joined up Tuesday with the debate on Iran unclear deal. Former vice president Dick Cheney urged mubmers to vote against the deal call it madness. majorities dispend the plan. democrat

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(九)月

GWEN IFILL: Against the backdrop of high-profile tragedies in Charleston, Baltimore and other cities, additional troubling statistics have come to light, a spike in day-to-day gun violence in a number of cities across the nation. That's led to double

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列