This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Today we have the second of two reports about the education of college athletes in the United States. Millions of Americans follow college sports, mainly football and basketball. Schools with good te

发表于:2018-11-27 / 阅读(319) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十二)月

Sports Life of Adidas Over eighty years ago, in 1)Herzegovina, Germany, a young shoemaker made house-slippers from old military canvas bags to help put food on his family’s table. He was also a keen

发表于:2018-11-28 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 疯狂英语2004年

Hello, and welcome to Future Tense, I'm Antony Funnell. Today's theme is about the power of the personal brand and its complications. [Audio: Pogba and Stormzy video] This is a recent viral video featuring Paul Pogba. Don't worry if you don't recogni

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-I

Now: A new study raises even stronger concerns about the risks of brain injury from the country's most popular professional sport. It's the focus of our weekly segment the Leading Edge. And Hari Sreenivasan has the story from our New York studios. We

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈健康系列

EXPLORATIONS - Let the Games Begin: Winter Olympics Start Feb. 10 in TurinBy Jill Moss Broadcast: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 (MUSIC) VOICE ONE: I'm Steve Ember. VOICE TWO: And I'm Faith Lapidus with

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年慢速英语(二)月

VOICE ONE: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. VOICE TWO: Researchers at Ohio State University studied exercise-induced asthma among top athletes at the school. Ohio State football players practice earlier this year.

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(十)月

AS IT IS 2016-07-27 Kenyan Runners Find Place on US Olympic Team 肯尼亚长跑运动员代表美国队征战奥运会 Three Kenya-born long-distance runners will be competing at the Rio Olympics this August for Team USA. 三名肯尼亚长跑运动员

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

This is Scientific American's 60-Second Science. I'm Steve Mirsky . Got a minute ? Athletes have obviously been tempted to use performance enhancing anabolic steroids. Drug testing may discourage such use. But a new study finds that some of the perfo

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(九)月

Someone once told me that French fries are not French. There must be some connection between fries and France, otherwise they wouldnt be called French Fries. Wherever they are from, I love them. I guess theyre the most popular food in the world. Ever

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

Unit 7 Athletes After-Class Reading PASSAGE I Athletes Should Not Be Role Models These days there are so many stories about the criminal activities of athletes that sports pages are beginning to look

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 新编大学英语阅读部分

The London Paralympics competition is now finished and the closing ceremony is tomorrow morning New Zealand time. New Zealand sent 24 athletes to the games and received 17 medals. Four swimmers won medals: Sophie Pascoe from Christchurch won three go

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

A Pediatric Intern 儿科实习医生 In her first year as a pediatric intern, my daughter was responsible for the physical examinations of high-school athletes. When she asked one 16-year-old to strip so she could examine him, he looked at her for a

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 英语小达人

The focus of the Olympic security has understandably been terrorism, but the organizers have numerous contingency plans for other risks. An obvious concern is London's transport network. A power blackout or fire could cause massive disruption to the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(八)月

As we look forward to Sundays Super Bowl Game, we might still think back on the shocking mistakes made during the playoffs, especially so, if your team was the one that made some of the critical errors. Consider the last play of the NFC championship

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(二)月

英文歌词: Glamour and fashion Models and magazines... a striking runway entrance Beauty and passion Stardust and high class scenes of popular teens When I lived in Denver, I met a millionaire With ribbons in her blonde hair I still remember She was

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英文摇滚歌曲

VOICE ONE: Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Faith Lapidus. VOICE TWO: And I'm Steve Ember. This week on our program, we have the last of our four-part series on living with a disability in America. Last month we talked about a

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(四)月

How to learn English well? 如何学好英语Establish a routine建立程序 I have an English routine.Just as athletes run or swim every day not to lose their fitness, I watch English TV every evening. It doesn't matter whether it's Downton Abbey or

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

GWEN IFILL: Just last week, the International Association of Athletics Federations, also known as the IAAF, voted to ban Russia's track and field team from competing at this summer's Olympics in Rio de Janeiro because of widespread doping. Today, the

发表于:2019-03-09 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Today marks the 100-day countdown until the start of the Olympic games in Rio De Janiero. On August 5, the opening ceremony will take place in the famous Maracana stadium to mark the start of the global show piece that will include 28 different event

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(297) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年

2016年托福写作真题题目: Some famous athletes and entertainers earn millions of dollars every year. Do you think these people deserve such high salaries? Use specific reasons and examples to support your opinion. 托福写作范文: Nowad

发表于:2019-03-13 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语