Someone once told me that French fries are not French. There must be some connection between fries and France, otherwise they wouldnt be called French Fries. Wherever they are from, I love them. I guess theyre the most popular food in the world. Ever

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-F

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Sports Doping: From the Laboratory to the Playing Field FAITH LAPIDUS: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Im Faith Lapidus. BOB DOUGHTY: And I'm Bob Doughty. Today, we tell about sports doping the use of drugs o

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Maria Sharapova May Get a Second Chance 莎拉波娃可能得到第二次机会 Tennis star Maria Sharapova was almost in tears in early March when she told reporters in Los Angeles, California, that she tested positive for a banned drug. Sharapova s

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(五)月

Ivorian Taekwondo Champions Head to Rio Olympics 科特迪瓦跆拳道冠军参加里约奥运会 ABIDJAN It is the home stretch for three Ivorian taekwondo athletes who are heading to the Rio Olympics. In their training room in the basement of the n

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(七月)

The London Olympics are about to begin, and spectators will again be riveted by feats that would have been impossible when the modern Olympics began in 1894. Jaw-dropping records are attainable in part because of the advances in materials science. Ne

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

The London Olympics are about to begin,and spectator will again be revited by feats that would've been imposibily when the modern Olympics began in 1986. Jaw-dropping records are attainable in part because of advances in material science. New materia

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 Scientific American(七)月

North Korea is preparing to take part in the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics although reaction in South Korea is mixed. Hyon Song Wol heads North Koreas most popular all-woman musical group, Moranbong Band. She visited Seoul for two days starting on

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(一)月

A sister of North Koreas leader shook hands with the South Korean president as representatives of the two countries sat together at the opening of the 2018 PyeongChang Olympics. Sitting nearby was Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe and the head of th

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

Also: A question from China about the Beijing Olympics. And ''The Story of Edgar Sawtelle,'' a book about dogs, family and a very smart boy. Transcript of radio broadcast: 17 July 2008 Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm B

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(七)月

特奥会运动员结交来自其他国家新朋友 6,500 athletes are competing in 25 sports, and many competitors are at the top their game. 6500运动员在25项体育赛事中一决高下,而且许多竞争者们都拔得头筹。 This athlete's

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(十二月)

The Asian game is held in Korea, all the best players in Asia are competing for the honor, every day, we can see many excellent matches. I like to see swimming match so much, the players swim so fast just like the fish. Recently, a boy named Ning Zet

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

I love pasta of all kinds. Anything with pasta is always delicious, especially if its from Italy. For many countries, pasta is a new addition to the menu. In England just after the war, there was no pasta. Once, a newspaper tricked people with a phot

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 纯正英语一分钟

read by Frank McCourt. THERE was no hope for him this time: it was the third stroke. Night after night I had passed the house (it was vacation time) and studied the lighted square of window: and night after night I had found it lighted in the same wa

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

JUDY WOODRUFF: The National Collegiate Athletic Association has long defended the idea of the amateur student-athlete, but that concept is facing its toughest trial yet. In fact, it's literally a class-action trial under way in a federal district cou

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈娱乐系列

Ramadan begins tomorrow and ends August 18th in New Zealand. Actually it begins after sunset tonight when the new moon is seen. Islam uses the Lunar calendar so each year it is about 11 days earlier on the Gregorian calendar than the previous year. D

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

WASHINGTON, July 17 (Xinhua) -- The U.S. Olympic Committee on Wednesday refused to side with a U.S. lawmaker to boycott the Winter Olympics in Russia if the country provides shelter to whistleblower Edward Snowden. U.S. Olympic Committee spokesman Pa

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

AS IT IS 2016-06-28 Kenya Hosts Refugee Olympic Athletes 肯尼亚举办难民奥运会 When athletes from around the world march in the opening ceremony of the 2016 Olympic Games, one team will walk into the stadium without a country flag. The team

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Russia has lost its appeal against a ban on its athletics team from appearing at next months Olympic Games, paving the way for a wider ban against all Russian sportspeople from competing in Rio de Janeiro. 俄罗斯针对其田径队被禁止参加下月

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

NAIROBI, May 23 (Xinhua) -- Athletics Kenya (AK) on Wednesday came out in strong defence of the country's distance runners who were accused on German television of employing blood doping to enhance their performances. In a development that has caused

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Good day to you, I am Creshon Saunders at the CNN.com Newsroom in Atlanta; here is a look at whats happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Rescuers are picking their way around the giant boulders scattered around a shantytown near Cairo, Egypt. At least 27 peopl

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(九)月