Hello, and welcome to Future Tense, I'm Antony Funnell. Today's theme is about the power of the personal brand and its complications. [Audio: Pogba and Stormzy video] This is a recent viral video featuring Paul Pogba. Don't worry if you don't recogni

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 听一分钟英文-I

Her name is synonymous with beauty, power, intrigue and ultimately tragedy. In 69 BC, Cleopatra was born into Egypt's Ptolemaic Dynasty, a dynasty in decline and under the protection of Rome. At the age of 18, she assumed the throne along with her y

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 国家地理2008年

Hello, Im Callum Robertson and this is Entertainment. th The British sculptor Antony Gormley celebrates his 57 birthday this week. Hes a prolific and popular modern sculptor. One of his most well known pieces is the huge Angel of the North, an enormo

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

Donald Trump: The CNN reporter, an absolutely horrible reporter, she starts off saying, 'Oh look, the room is half empty,' everybody was standing right next to me in the front of the room. Journalist: Well, make no mistake, everything you just heard

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Hello, Antony Funnell here, and welcome to another edition of Future Tense. In opening the program today I have a special guest. I'm pleased to be joined by scientist and entrepreneur James Bradfield Moody. James is a former executive director with t

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

(From an Omni Processor promotional video:) Bill Gates: Over 2.5 billion people have no access to safe sanitation. We asked brilliant engineers to help us solve this problem, and one of those engineers actually has proposed a solution where the waste

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Antony Funnell: We're a noisy lot, we human beings. Visually as well as in an auditory sense. When we're not spruiking and selling, we're posting and commenting, elbowing for attention and easily distracted by the tangle around us. We like to tell ot

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Antony Funnell: It's often difficult to date the beginning of things. Hello, Antony Funnell here, welcome to Future Tense. Today's show is about the astonishing growth in popularity of Emoji, those little weird faces and symbols people increasingly u

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Antony of the band Antony and the Johnsons cut his teeth in New York's after hours cabarets and backing up rocker Lou Reed.His current group has a new album called I Am a Bird Now.Music critic Jerry Dannemiller has a review. OK,right up front.The fir

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(230) / 评论(0) 分类 2005年NPR美国国家公共电台

CHRISTOPHER CRUISE: Im Christopher Cruise. FAITH LAPIDUS: And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the life of one of the most famous and powerful women in history. She was a goddess, a queen, and a skilled d

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(二)月

A meeting of India's top military brass is under way - the first since last November's terror attack on Mumbai, in which more than 160 people died. The country's defense chief is telling his commanders they must be prepared to meet emerging threats

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(72) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(六月)

Octavian remained in Rome, but Antony went to Egypt to be near Cleopatra with whom he too had fallen in love, as seems to have been the habit of Roman generals. 渥大维留在罗马,而安东尼去了埃及。似乎罗马将军都有爱江 山更爱

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 美国学生人类历史

Her name is synonymous with beauty, power, intrigue and ultimately tragedy. In 69 BC, Cleopatra was born into Egypt's Ptolemaic Dynasty, a dynasty in decline and under the protection of Rome. At the age of 18, she assumed the throne along with her yo

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

Hello Antony Funnell here, and welcome to Future Tense. Like many people I know, I catch the bus to work. And this is my stop, one sec... Thank-you! Okay, come this way while I talk. Travelling on the bus is pretty straightforward. But getting from t

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(309) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Im Christopher Cruise. And Im Faith Lapidus with EXPLORATIONS in VOA Special English. Today we tell about the life of one of the most famous and powerful women in history. She was a goddess, a queen, and a skilled diplomat and negotiator. She was a g

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语言学习

Books and Arts; Book Review;New theatre: Travelling Light; 文艺;书评;新剧院:《轻装上阵》; The screen at the end of the world;Antony Sher plays the part of a lifetime; 世界尽头的银幕;安东尼谢尔:生为犹太身,今演

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 经济学人文艺系列

传奇雕塑家安东尼葛姆雷即兴讨论了空间和人的形式。他的作品探索了我们躯体感受到的内部空间和我们周围的外部空间,说明我们在时间和空间中只是微不足道的点。

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:艺术与幻觉

A meeting of India's top military brass is under way - the first since last November's terror attack on Mumbai, in which more than 160 people died. The country's defense chief is telling his commanders they must be prepared to meet emerging threats f

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2009年6月

Callum: Hello, Im Callum Robertson and this is Entertainment. The British sculptor Antony Gormley celebrates his 57th birthday this week. Hes a prolific and popular modern sculptor. One of his most well known pieces is the huge Angel of the North, an

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听和读

Do you know what to gaze at something means? It means to look at something for a long time. And normally the thing that you are gazing at is a long way away. So we might say, for example, that I gaze at the distant hills, or I gaze at the horizon. An

发表于:2019-03-01 / 阅读(123) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语