1.Face to Face with Hurricane Camille Joseph P. Blank 1 John Koshak, Jr., knew that Hurricane Camille would be bad. Radio and television warnings had sounded throughout that Sunday, last August 17, as Camille lashed northwestward across the Gulf of M

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(140) / 评论(0) 分类 高级英语 下

Sorry,there is not text temporarily, Please help tingroom to look for it! 如果您能找到更好的听力原文,请发贴到 听力原文收集区 ,您将会获得 10 到 30 积分的奖励 ! Thank you !

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 苔丝.Tess.of.The.D'Urbervilles

Alvin was walking down 6th Street on a hot sunny day when he saw smoke coming out of the street. He could smell the smoke, and it was getting thicker. It was coming out of a storm drain. Alvin used his cell phone to call the fire department. The stor

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英文小故事

A: Thank you for coming, officer. B: What seems to be the problem? A: I was in school all day and came home to a burglarized apartment. B: Was the door locked when you left? A: The door was still locked when I came home, so maybe they came in through

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: Oh, thank God you are here, officer. B: I came as soon as I could. What a mess! A: When I left for school today, everything was fine. Then I came home to find my apartment had been broken into. B: Was the door locked when you came home? A: I dont

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

Hurricane Dean looked like a monster. It developed into a category 5, the highest and most dangerous level. Category 1 is called minimal, with wind speeds up to 95 mph. Category 5 is called catastrophic, with wind speeds of at least 156 mph. It blows

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Karla: I just heard that youre taking a leave of absence to go to business school. Is that right? Joaquin: Yeah, Ive been thinking about it for a long time, and have finally taken the plunge. I need an MBA to get ahead in my career. Karla: Thats grea

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Aaron: Mom, I have something to tell you and youre not going to like it. Margo: What is it? Aaron: Im dropping out of college. I want to get out into the real world and get a job. Im wasting time in school. Margo: Youll get a better job if you stay i

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Tony: The plant manager says that youre the new kid. Amber: Yes, its my first day. Tony: All right, youll be a line worker like the rest of us. Heres your workstation. What you have to remember is that output and productivity are the most important t

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(86) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Alisa: Dont be mad. Sabir: Im not mad. Alisa: Yes, you are. Im sorry. I admit it was my fault. Will you stop moping now? Sabir: Im not moping. Im giving you the silent treatment. Alisa: I knew it! Youre still peeved at me. What can I do to make it up

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By David Gollust Secretary of State Colin Powell, on his first visit to Brazil, says that country is a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

1. Federal agents expect to be at this Detroit-area horse farm for several weeks to search for clues to Jimmy Hoffa's disappearance. The former Teamsters leader vanished in 1975. 2. The general tap pe

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(147) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2006

Hurricane Katrina rescuer is among those recognized Mohamed ElShinnawi | Washington, DC 20 May 2010 Chicago Mayor Richard Daley (left) was honored for his efforts to promote better relations between the US and the Arab world. For the past 12 years, L

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(五)月

By Cathy Majtenyi Musasa Transit Center, Burundi 26 April 2006 About 18,000 Rwandans in northern Burundi are applying to stay in Burundi as refugees, claiming that their lives are in danger. But about

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(四月)

By Stefan Bos Budapest 18 March 2006 Slobodan Milosevic's long time secretary Mirjana Dragojevic mourns on the marker of his grave Former Yugoslav President Slobodan Milosevic, who died in his cell in

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(三月)

By Lisa Bryant Paris 05 February 2007 More than half of blacks living in France say they face racial discrimination, according to the first-ever survey on the country's black population. The findings are troubling for a country that has long prided i

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

By Bill Gasperini Moscow 26 December 2006 Turkmenistan's top legislative body says a presidential election will be held on February 11 to select a successor to longtime authoritarian leader Saparmurat Niyazov, who died last week. The People's Counci

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十二月)

By Amberin Zaman Istanbul 10 May 2007 The Turkish parliament has backed Thursday a proposed amendment to the constitution to enable the people to elect a new president directly. The measure is a key provision in a package of electoral reforms the cha

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(五月)

Sunday, May 9th, it's Mother's day! I don't usually give it much thought, apart from choosing what I should buy for my mother and mother-in-law. I always forget that I will receive presents as well. Mind you, I shouldn't forget. There are plenty of r

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语博客 A cup of English

The Inter-Parliamentary Union is calling for India and China to apply pressure on the Burmese government to release 26 imprisoned parliamentarians. The Inter-Parliamentary Union says India and China should follow the example of Venezuela and Brazil,

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年1月