One of the major foreign policy challenges facing the Obama administration will be how to revive the Middle East peace process. Senior Correspondent Andr de Nesnera spoke with three former senior U.S. government officials about the situation in the M

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年12月

Assad Defiant as Activists Report Surge in Syrian Government Attacks Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is remaining defiant amid widespread accusations his government carried out a deadly chemical attack last week, as monitoring groups say his forces

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(四月)

The teacher says: Today, we're going to talk about the tenses. Now, if I say I am beautiful, which tense is it? The student says: Obviously it's the past tense. NOTES: Present Tense: I am beautiful. Past Tense: I was beautiful. This is funny because

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语笑话(MP3+文本)

图片1 severs adj. 严厉的,严格的,剧烈的,严重的,严峻的 例句:Before my graduation from Columbia, the family met with severe financial reverses. 不等我从哥伦比亚大学毕业,家庭经济就严重恶化。 fierce adj.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 漫画搞定六级词汇(文本+音频)

retire vi.退休,退职;退下,离开;隐居,隐退 retreat n.撤退,退却;安静的地方 v.撤退,退却 return vi./n.回去;还 vt.归还;回报 a.回程的 reveal vt.显示,显露;泄露,揭发 revenue n.税收 reverse

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 大学英语四级词汇拼读版

President Bush Discusses the Economy THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. I am pleased to be back to the U.S. Chamber. I want to thank the members of this fine organization for your efforts to support the spirit of free enterprise, and to advance the intere

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

SCENE ① A 吉娜与戴夫在他们的办公室隔间说话 【我在考虑跳槽】 Zina: Dave, there's something I want to talk to you about. 吉娜: 戴夫,我要跟你谈一件事。 Dave: Zi

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 职场社交

UN Warns of Worsening Situation for Displaced Afghans 联合国警告:流离失所的阿富汗人呈现不断恶化的局势 Hundreds of thousands of Afghans have been displaced from their homes because of continuing violence in the country. They f

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Removal of Kurdish Mayors Raises Tension in Turkey 库尔德市长免职使土耳其局势变得紧张 DIYARBAKIR, TURKEY In Turkey, the removal of mayors accused of supporting the PKK Kurdish rebel group, and the PKK's targeting of their government-

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(十月)

美国政界女性面临严峻挑战 The U.S. Congress,a place of power that is still dominated by men.Women only got the right to vote since 1920 and government moves very slow. 美国国会仍然是男性掌权的权力机构。妇女直到1920年开

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(九月)

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: A place that defies its extreme environment, and redefines everything we think we know about cities. 这座城市克服了严峻的天然条件,让世人重新认识了何谓城市的定义!

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

JUDY WOODRUFF: As we just reported, late this afternoon, the 15 nations on the United Nations Security Council voted unanimously to endorse a framework for a peace process in Syria, after nearly five years of brutal civil war that's left more than 25

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈环境系列

卡梅伦:乌克兰局势仍然非常不稳定 LONDON, March. 6 (Xinhua) -- The Ukrainian situation remains highly precarious, while the new Ukrainian government faces massive political and economic challenges, British Prime Minister David Cameron

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The world's factory is giving notice: it can no longer provide the planet with cheap goods. Chinese manufacturers say higher production costs, tighter credit and a strengthening yuan are squeezing margins. Some industry experts and economists predict

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年4月

U.S. President-elect Barack Obama has begun assembling a White House team in advance of the presidential transition January 20. After the excitement over the historic election dies down, the next president will face some serious domestic and internat

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2008年11月

Topics: Saturday Night Live; Howard Stern and shock jocks; using to in who, what, where, when, why questions; state of the art; ways to say good job! Words: live cast celebrity sketch news anchor current events big break controversial shock jock offe

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe

模仿文本: The problems of climate change remain of course, but with Kyoto, Copenhagen and the other international conferences failing to cement worldwide accords, the focus has rather switched elsewhere, and some of it to world's cities. They a

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英音模仿秀

你是否遭遇过失眠带来的痛苦?繁忙的生活节奏给很多人造成压力,导致各种睡眠问题,今天就来盘点一下睡眠问题的各种英文说法。 1. sleeplessness/insomnia 失眠 例句:People who suffer trauma may e

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Russian President Vladimir Putin hosts Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu for talks Tuesday focused on the situation in Syria. Israel and Western powers are concerned about potential Russian sales of advanced anti-aircraft weapons to Syria, wh

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

今天学的词组是blunt。 Blunt的意思是不锋利,比如刀子很钝:The knife is blunt. Blunt也指人的言谈举止直截了当,不转弯抹角。美国伊拉克委员会正式向布什总统提交了有关伊拉克战争的分析报告

发表于:2019-02-24 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 学个词