ESL Podcast 1173 Flying on a Budget Airline Anton: Its amazing that we were able to get these airline tickets so cheaply. Federica: Its great, isnt it? We can fly to Lawrence City for a fun weekend. Lets check in using this kiosk. Anton: Hmm, this is

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年ESL之旅行交通购物

And when the markets in Europe closed a couple of hours ago, London's FTSE 100 was down. The Dax and Euro were also lower. In the US, trading comes to a close shortly and the Dow Jones is down, while the SP 500 is down as well. And the Australian dol

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 澳洲ABC新闻快递2012年

要求退钱 给我退钱吧。 A:I believe so. But if it redly bothers you, I'll replace it for you. 我想是的。不过如果您觉得喝的不舒服的话,我可以给您换一个。 B:No, don't replace it. Give me a refund. 不用换了,给

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 酒店英语口语就该这么说

A bullet train bound from east China's Qingdao to Hangzhou caught fire in Dingyuan Station in Anhui. Passengers on board were evacuated. No casualties reported. 14 trains running on the line have been halted due to the emergency. Passengers who bough

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 2018CRI中国国际广播电台

Did you find everything okay? Yes, I did. By the way, in case there's a flaw in the CD player, can I return it? Yes, but you must return it within 30 days. Is there a charge for that? I know the other stores have a restocking fee. There will be no ch

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

Where is the Cosmetics Department? Shopping around is really a must. Could I have a look at it? Can you come down a little bit? Can you give me a discount? I'll take it. Do you take credit cards? Can I get it gift-wrapped? Can you deliver it for me?

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

What is this? I didn't order that. I'm terribly sorry. May I have your order again? I will get it right away. I've ordered savory pork and cole slaw. I'm sorry. I must've made a mistake. I'll bring them for you at once. Hey, what is this? Pardon me,

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(27) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语900句

He was in the coffee section at the supermarket. He saw a new brand of coffee beans. The brand was VeryGood. The package looked nice. Nice packages usually contain nice products. The package said French Roast. He loved French Roast. But he usually bo

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

B, ask A whether he/she has done something wrong with the Walkman. Well, Sir/Miss. What exactly did you do with the Walkman when you got it home? A, complain and explain the problem. Why? I did nothing. I put it some batteries and turned it on, but i

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 1

Hi everybody. I'm going to be honest with you one of the best parts of being President is having your own really nice plane. 大家好。我要诚实地告诉你--当总统,最好的一点儿是有自己的飞机。 And I'm going to miss it. A lot. B

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 奥巴马每周电视讲话

The next day, Harlan called Nevin to thank him for coming to the wedding. By the way, how was your steak? he asked. Ernie told me his steak was tough, and so did several others. Mine was tough, Nevin said. It looked and smelled good, but it was tough

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 365个英语简短小故事

Giving the wrong change 找错钱 The casher short change me 100$. 收银员少找我100美元 I didn't find the situation until I got home. 我直到回家才发现这个情况 I went back to the store quickly for telling the casher. 我急忙赶回商

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 不用背句型学英语

By Tendai Maphosa One of Zimbabwe's oldest private schools could be the first casualty of a standoff over fees between private schools and the Education Ministry. The board of Eaglesvale Junior and Hi

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

A: I want to change rooms. In fact, I want a refund for tonight! B: If you tell me the exact problem, I can be more helpful. A: Cockroaches have declared war on my room! B: Allow me to apologize. I'll give you another room right now, and a full refun

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-旅馆

A: How may I help you? B: I would like to return an item. A: What are you returning? B: I want to return this cellphone. A: Is there a problem? B: It's broken. A: What exactly is wrong with it? B: The phone turns off by itself. A: That's fine, but do

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 购物英语对话

英语学习笔记: the United Nations World Tourism Organization 联合国世界旅游组织 Hello. Can you recommend a good dessert shop? 你好,请问能给我推荐一家好吃的甜品店吗? Could you direct me to the nearest shopping cen

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 早安英文

To Whom It May Concern: I am writing regarding a tour that my wife and I took with your company on February 26, 2006. The brochure stated that we would see some of the most interesting sights of the city. Since we had visited the city before, we look

发表于:2019-01-28 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

Ricky: Arent you done with your taxes yet? Shawn: No, not yet. Ricky: Can I help? Shawn: That would be great. I think Im almost done, but itd be great if you could look it over. This is the first year I havent been exempt or filed an EZ tax return. R

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

今天我们要学的词是refund。 Refund, 退款。 Ticket holders are entitled to a refund if the concert is canceled due to inclement weather, 如果演唱会因为天气原因被取消,入场券可以退钱。现在坐飞机行李要收钱,不

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

14. You can change the commodity within three months. 3个月内包换。 还能这样说: The commodity can be changed in three months. In the period of three months, you can change the commodity. 15. I ask to return the goods, for there appears s

发表于:2019-02-22 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 情景会话口袋书人际篇