Former football glory For one season in the national football league , I was in the zone. It's not one of those things that you can explain. That one year as a running back with the miami dolphins , I was zig zagging past defendors almost effortlessl

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

[00:00.00]prey -- proclaim The privileged [00:02.39]特权阶级 [00:04.78]Relaxing in his tent, [00:06.61]校长一面在帐篷里休息, [00:08.44]the principal was in the process of reviewing his primer [00:11.32]一面在温习他那本 [00:14.

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏读故事记单词

231. Venues of China中国的游览胜地 venturesome-vigilant Venturesome travelers in China have a host of venues from which to choose. From the verdant grasslands of the steppes of Inner Mongolia to the verbal acrobatics of Xiangsheng comedy duo p

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

232. A vocation for the vigorous 充满活力者的职业 vigor-vocational The vigor and vitality that one must possess to be a doctor is amazing. Perhaps many have the vision, but only the truly vigorous can handle such a vocation. Virtuosity is a m

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

233. A volunteers crucial vote 一位志愿者关键性的决定 void-warranty The lessons I learned as a volunteer in Africa could fill volumes. Before I embarked upon my voluntary voyage, I felt a huge void in my life. When I look back upon it, the

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

235. A Worldly Wholesaler I'll admit to anyone that I am a worldly person.I enjoy wrapping myself in luxury.Poverty,or even a middle class existence,is not something I would be able to withstand.If I had to give up my fresh pate and my caviar,I would

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

LESSON 160 OPPOSTITION BETWEEN BROTHERS Young Jimmy Henderson was always a bit of an optimist. No task was too onerous for him, and even the onset of some serious illness or other and he suffered from many during his childhoodcould ever get him down.

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

LESSON 157 THE NUCLEAR GENE: WHAT NOW? The Oak Ridge Laboratories were at one time the nucleus of the American nuclear program. Splitting the atom at that time was a novel idea: all you had to do was to get a mass of uranium nuclei together, and you

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

LESSON 156 A DYED-IN-THE-WOOL NONCONFORMIST Alastair Greaves was a man of highly nontraditional and nonconformist views. He did not even pay nominal regard to societys norms. What was normal to others most of the time was nothing but bother to him. F

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

155 the other side of a bank clerks character John Brigs was known for always being nice, neat and tidy, at least to his colleagues. Little did they know about the negative side of Johns character, which manifest itself on a Friday or a Saturday nig

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

LESSON 158 SCENES FROM A MARRIAGE Ive never had any objection to you eating apples in bed, said Beyyl, but nowadays I do find your incessant chomping somewhat obscene and obtrusive. Actually, its obstacle to our continued blissful marital relationshi

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

206. The spinal cord operation脊髓手术 spectra-sponge There was a lecture given at a medical school on a spinal cord operation. The professor began: In order to have a speedy but safe operation, one must speculate on the entire spectrum of possib

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

194. The rural life乡村生活 rumble-sanctuary The rural life is the life for me. I like living out in the wide-open spaces where you can smell the fresh air and see the beautiful grasslands. I like seeing lightning flash and hearing the rumble of

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

193. Steinhenge斯坦亨格 rite-ruins On the Strawberry Plain in Kringland, stand the ruins of an ancient culture, which are called Steinhenge. The people of this culture, the Welts, had a priestly class called the Kruids. The rubble that stands the

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

My triumph in English class was no trivial matter. I trudged to class everyday, even in the most trying of times, over the tundra that marks the winter here. I had a turbulent time coming up with the tuition for the class as well, once working as a c

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

221. The torpor of college students大学生对学业的漠然态度 torment-tractor U.S. college students have reported torpid feelings toward their studies lately. Why such torpor at a time in their lives when learning should be liberating? The ans

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

216. A lover of knowledge一个热爱知识的人 symmetrical-tactics Professor Roberto Reyna symbolizes mans love for knowledge. His first degree was in math. He wrote a famous treatise on symmetry, which demonstrated his sympathy for ancient mathem

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

212. Suing the city council控告市议会 subsist-suited Thanks to suburbanization, sufficient attention has not been paid to our cities. What little attention there has been has not been substantive. Thats why Im suing the city government. Grant Fr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

166. A very passionate research physicist激情洋溢的物理学家 parameter-path Russian-born Alex Bronsky was a passionate researcher in the area of particle physics. His work was of paramount importance in his life, and the parameters of his res

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

167. The prince and pauper of pedagogy教育领域内的王子和乞丐 pathetic-penchant There once was a teacher whose pedagogy was the peak of instruction. Peerless in his pedagogic performance, he felt that his students were his patrons and that

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词