228. In lands of uproars and upheavals在充满骚乱和动荡的国家 upgrade-utter John Sanders has covered many exciting events over the years while writing as a freelance journalist. Tired of his life back in Kansas, where everything had a borin

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

229. An artists time一位艺术家的机遇 utterance-variation He lived in a simple room, vacant except for the mattress on the floor and the desk in the corner. He was completely and utterly determined to translate his vague ideas onto paper in a

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

226. A unique undergraduate一位与众不同的本科生 underdeveloped-uninhabited Instead of going directly into undergraduate school, I decided to spend a year in an underdeveloped country. Im not exactly sure why I decided to undergo this unusua

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

164. Overwrought and overtired过度紧张和过度劳累 overflow-packed They like to overload us with work, those guys. I am beginning to feel like a pack animal, Bob Crowther exclaimed during the lunch break. Whats more, the food they serve us is

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

LESSON 161 AN OPTIMISTIC OUTLOOK ON LIFE As a child, Tom was very much oriented towards botanical studies. Anything organic, and particularly plant life, was of enormous interest to him, from the smallest to the largest organisms. When he was not fro

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

217. The tactile and the spiritual实际的和精神的 tactile-temper My temper is such that I am not easily tantalized. The tedium of everyday existence does not tarnish my view of life, nor does it tamper with my ability to criticize it. In the fi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

215. The good detective优秀的侦探 suspect-symbology The suspense is killing me, Mr. Jones said to Detective Richards. Tell me more about the suspect. Detective Richards had been suspended from the force for sustaining interest in criminal cases

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

213. The superficial superintendent 肤浅的校长 sullen-supplement The superficial qualities of the superintendent of the school led many to question his suitability for the job. Most couldnt wait for a new supervisor to supersede him. He acted so

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

210. The stocky stonemason肥胖的石匠 sting-string The government passed a stipulation that stocky stonemasons would no longer be receiving their stipends. The edict stipulated that in six months, if they had not made great strides in losing weig

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

209. The statue of liberty自由女神像 stationery-stimulus The Statue of Libertys status as a steadfast symbol of freedom has remained steady for quite some time now. As huge in physical stature as Lady Liberty is, her stem, or base, is almost has

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

188. The repertory theater 储备剧院 remuneration-replicate There was a repertory theater group that wanted to create a renaissance or renewal of classical theater. It was their goal to replicate the plays of the ancient Greek and Roman traditions

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

171. The platitudinous priest老调重弹的牧师 pioneer-platitudinous There was a priest who, because of his plainspoken sermons, was considered pioneering in his field. When he gave his sermons, he would use plain language to avoid platitude and

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

178. The projecting engineer突出的工程师 proficiency-pronounced There was a promising young engineer who was proficient in the use of the projector. The primary use of his projector was to proliferate, promote, and promulgate his engineering pr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

177. The prodigy天才 primarily-professionalism There was a prodigy whose profession was composing and performing music. He proclaimed that his talent lay in his proclivity to use prime number theories to develop his melodies and to call upon his pr

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

187. Meeting in church教堂相会 relevance-remote A young woman was kneeling alone in a remote part of the sanctuary of a church when a young man knelt down beside her. The young man spoke to her, I think it is remarkable that you would come here o

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

185. Recycling refrigerators回收电冰箱 recur-regime I like to recycle. It is quite refreshing to take items that have been thrown away and redeem them to usefulness. After I was made redundant from my job, I took it upon myself as a form of self

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

184. Recipe for a recluse隐士的处方 recession-rectify It is difficult to recount how I ended up this way. It is my recollection that it was the recommendation of my financial advisor that I sell off all my stocks and holdings. Only in this way c

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

183. The rebellion造反 rattle-receptor Of course I love my country. Thats why I chose the path that I have taken. As I sit here in this jail cell, a receptacle for unfortunate rebels, I can recall that I was found cold and unconscious by the kings

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(112) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

182. The raft漂流筏 quiver-rationing I left the small village on my way to my destination, and I quivered at the thought that my next step was to take a raft down the raging rapids of a river. The sun was radiant, and the people about me, some wit

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词

181. Preparing for the pyramids准备探索金字塔 purge-quilt As an Egyptologist, I have been to Egypt many times. This time, I am going to quench my thirst for adventure and try to solve the puzzle of the Pyramids. To undertake such a questionabl

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 胡敏托福词汇记单词