Kerry Discusses Security Challenges with Middle Eastern Officials 克里与中东、海湾国家讨论安全挑战 U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry is meeting with representatives of Middle Eastern and Gulf states to discuss security challenges in

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(六月)

德班气候大会深入讨论多项重要议题 Negotiators representing nearly 200 nations worked through the night and well into the daySaturday, with hopes of leaving Durban with solid deals in place. Among the key issues beingdiscussed is whethe

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(六月)

Unit 50 Shall I come to your office?要不要我到你办公室来? 本句的基本句型为Shall I...?,表示要不要我?以征询对方的意见。Shall I open the door?(要不要我把门打开?)对方若首肯,则会说Yes, please.(好的,请

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(141) / 评论(0) 分类 赖世雄社交英语通

Lebron, we wanna quote you about being on the cover of Sports Illustrated(画报) when you were 17. You said recently we became big-headed jerks, me in particular. You talked about how the adults around smugly(沾沾自喜) watch the self-destruction l

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

U.S. President Barack Obama's wife Michelle is joining her husband's campaign(运动) to reform the nation's health care system. The popular first lady is speaking out for the president's initiative, which has been losing support. Mrs. Obama says healt

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

NATO Leaders Set to Gather on Russia, Middle East 北约领导人将讨论俄罗斯和中东问题 LONDON The leaders of the 28 NATO countries will gather for the first time in two years starting Thursday in Wales, in western Britain, with an agenda

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(九月)

奥巴马与沙特国王讨论伊核协议 The one-on-one talks between President Obama and Saudi Arabias King Salman could not come at a more tumultuous time in the Middle East, as a U.S.-led coalition fights Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syri

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2016年(一月)

听力文本如下: 小漫:哎!真郁闷,昨天我的闺蜜欺骗了我! 小祺:是吗?好朋友竟然也对你撒谎?她一定是迫不得已吧? 小漫:昨天我打算找她聊天,她居然拒绝了我,说她在加班。其实

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

G7 Leaders to Talk Trade, Tariffs and Trump When leaders from seven of the major industrial countries, known as the G7, meet in Canada, it will likely be the G6 and the United States. Canadas finance minister Bill Morneau says the focus of the meetin

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Graduation Speeches Discuss World Problems, Look for Solutions Speeches have long been an important tradition at college and university graduation ceremonies in the United States. Every spring, schools honor students who have successfully completed t

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(六)月

Experts Debate Financial Future of American Higher Education Sweet Briar College is a small, private womens college in the American state of Virginia. In 2015, the schools governing board grew concerned about its financial future and considered closi

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(二)月

SHARON: Did you see the new Nicolas Cage movie? DEREK: Which one? SHARON:

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(142) / 评论(0) 分类 娱乐英语

Angela Simpson, a police officer ClipAngela Simpson When I spoke to my mother about joining the police service she was dead set against (竭力反对,坚决反对) it because of the fact that Im female and Im black and because of all the negative publici

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

托福满分听力法:了解几种美式表达方式 二十世纪的语言学理论中,有一个非常有名的假说,叫做萨丕尔-沃尔夫假说。假说的核心理念可以概括为We are what we speak。,也就是说语言决定思维方

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

ASEAN Ministers to Discuss South China Sea, Other Issues 东盟部长讨论南海及其他问题 BANGKOK Foreign ministers of Southeast Asian countries, as well as those from the U.S., China and other nations, are gathering in Myanmars capital Naypyi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(八月)

Muslim Reaction to Schoolgirl Abductions Debated 穆斯林对女生绑架的讨论 WASHINGTON The faces of young girls held captive by Islamist militants have fueled anger and shock around the world and raised questions about why more Muslim leaders

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(五月)

地点:比萨饼餐厅 人物:乔伊、罗斯、钱德勒 事件:罗斯想约瑞秋,乔伊和钱德勒不敢相信,于是他们三人在比萨饼餐厅讨论此事。 剧情片段 Chandler:I cant believe we are even① having this discussio

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

To add to the drama the pair had been the lowest-ranked competitors going into the competition due to their lengthy absence from the ice. But against all odds their superb short programme score from Sunday was enough to see them win the overall compe

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

Major Discussions on Syria Expected at G20 Summit G20峰会有望讨论叙利亚问题 WASHINGTON U.S. President Barack Obama made a stop in Sweden Wednesday before heading to the summit of the world's 20 major economies later this week in Russia. Sy

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)

Top US, Russian Diplomats to Discuss Syria 美俄外交家将讨论叙利亚问题 LONDON U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will meet Thursday with his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov in Geneva, to discuss a new initiative that could end the threa

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2013年(九月)