英语PK台 第858期:跟《老友记》学美语(10)
地点:比萨饼餐厅
人物:乔伊、罗斯、钱德勒
事件:罗斯想约瑞秋,乔伊和钱德勒不敢相信,于是他们三人在比萨饼餐厅讨论此事。
剧情片段
Chandler: I can’t believe we are even① having this discussion 1.
钱德勒:真无法相信我们竟在讨论此事。
Joey: I agree. I’m, like, in disbelief②
乔伊:我同意,我也有些无法相信。
Chandler: I mean, don’t you think if things③ were gonna happen with Rachel, they would’ve happened already?
钱德勒:我的意思是,你不认为如果你和瑞秋会有爱情产生的话,还会一直拖到现在吗?
Ross: I’m telling you, she said she’s looking for④ a relationship with someone exactly like me.
罗斯:告诉你,她说她在寻找像我这样的人来发生一段美妙情缘。
Joey: She really said that?
乔伊:她真的这样说?
Ross: Well, I added 2 the “exactly like me” part.1 But she said she’s looking for someone, and someone is gonna be there tonight.
罗斯:嗯,“像我这样”是我自己加的。她说她在寻找某人,而此人今晚就会出现。
Joey: “Tonight” tonight2?
乔伊:今天晚上的“今晚”?
Ross: Well, I think it’s perfect. Y’know, it’s just gonna be the two of us; she spent all day taking care of my monkey... 3
罗斯:这样最好不过了,你知道,因为只有我们两个,她整天都在照顾我的猴子。
Chandler: I can’t remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey.
钱德勒:我早已忘记上次有哪个女人照顾过我的猴子了。
Ross: Anyway, I figured⑤ after work I’d go pick up a bottle of wine, go over there and, uh, try to woo⑥ her.
罗斯:总之,下班后我要去买瓶酒去向她“示爱”。
Chandler: Y’know what you should do? You should take her back to the 1890’s,4 when that phrase 3 was last used.
钱德勒:嘿,知道你该怎么做吗?带她回到用“示爱”这个词的19世纪90年代去。
- It is certain he will come to the discussion.他肯定会来参加讨论。
- After months of discussion,a peace agreement is gradually taking shape.经过几个月的商讨,和平协议渐渐有了眉目。
- They have added a new scene at the beginning.在开头他们又增加了一场戏。
- The pop music added to our enjoyment of the film.片中的流行音乐使我们对这部电影更加喜爱。