It's an island known for its rich cultural history and environmental treasures but human activities such as tourism and deforestation threaten some of Cubas key habitats, which is why the World Wildlife Funds Julia Langer collaborates with local part

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 自然百科2008年

Bush Names Coordinator for Cuban Political Transition 布什任命古巴政权过渡协调员 President Bush has named a veteran congressional staff official, Caleb McCarry, to the post of Transition

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(下)--国政军事聚焦

Alan Gross, an American development worker who was unfairly jailed for alleged crimes against the Cuban government, marks the beginning of his sixth year in prison there this month. 阿兰 格罗斯(Alan Gross)是一名美国的承包商,他受到了

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(134) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2017年(9月)

Cuban Mothers Plead For Imprisoned Sons' Release 古巴母亲为被关押儿子的自由而辩 Mothers of Cuban political prisoners are appealing to the United Nations Human Rights Commission to help

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2005(上)--社会新闻点评

古巴将启动马里埃尔开发特区的第一阶段 HAVANA, Dec. 21 (Xinhua) -- Cuban President Raul Castro said on Saturday that the first stage development of the country's first special development zone will be inaugurated in January. The Marie

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

US, Cuban Embassies to Reopen 美国和古巴大使馆重新开放 The United States and Cuba will reestablish diplomatic relations and later this month will reopen embassies in Washington and Havana. President Barack Obama made the announcement on W

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(七)月

AS IT IS 2016-01-25 Stranded Cuban Migrants Arrive in US 滞留哥斯达黎加的古巴移民启程前往美国 The first of thousands of Cuban migrants stranded in Costa Rica have entered the United States. 首批滞留哥斯达黎加上千名古巴移

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(128) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(一)月

美国邀请古巴参加美洲峰会 WHITE HOUSE The Summit of the Americas normally receives little media attention in the United States. But this year is different because Cuba, unlike previous years, is invited to the gathering in Panama, which wi

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(81) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2015年(八月)

古巴将参加美洲峰会 美古互动是看点 The Summit of the Americas normally receives little media attention in the United States. But this year is different because Cuba, unlike previous years, is invited to the gathering in Panama, which w

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2015年4月

Key Sentences(重点句子) 171.I recognized your voice right away. 我一听就知道是你的声音。 172.I'm calling to ask you some question about Jim,you knowhim,don't you? 我打电话

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英文语法词汇

WILLIAM BRANGHAM: Dr. Richard Flyer has been my family's pediatrician for thirteen years, and to be totally honest: I love the guy. I admire him and I trust him. But three years ago when my son, Jack was ten Flyer said something that floored us. He t

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

古巴国会议员讨论经济,社会议程 HAVANA, July 2 (Xinhua) -- Cuban legislators are set to meet Thursday and Friday to debate economic and social issues before parliament holds its first annual session Saturday, state daily Granma reported

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Before leaving Caracas, Chinese President Xi oversaw the signing of dozens of cooperative agreements with Venezuela. One of the deals includes a $4 billion loan from China, to support the Joint Chinese-Venezuela Fund, which will finance infrastructur

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年07月

Cuba's state daily Granma says Chinese airlines are strengthening their air connections with Cuba. The daily says Air China is poised to launch a Beijing-Havana route starting in September, citing the Cuban's Ministry of Tourism. Air China will opera

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年

巴西帮助古巴开创特别开发区 HAVANA, Jan. 27 (Xinhua) -- Cuban leader Raul Castro and Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff Monday inaugurated the first phase of the Cuba's Special Development Zone in the port of Mariel, a project largely fin

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. President Barack Obama has tapped the highest-ranking U.S. diplomat in Cuba to be the first ambassador to the island in more than 50 years. 美国总统奥巴马提名美国在古巴的最高级别外交官为逾50年来美国驻古巴的第一位

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, July 20 (Xinhua) -- Cubans on Monday raised Cuba's national flag over the country's newly opened embassy in Washington D.C., the U.S. capital, as diplomatic relations between two nations were restored after more than half a century. Cuban

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Donald Trump has threatened to abandon US efforts to restore trade and diplomatic ties with Cuba unless Havana makes new concessions, setting the stage for a clash with a US business community eager to exploit the opening up of the island economy. 唐纳

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The United States called on Monday for the immediate release of an American contractor jailed for the past four years in Cuba, saying his continued captivity was gravely disappointing. Tomorrow, development worker Alan Gross will begin a fifth year o

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

OK, I'd like to talk about consumerism in capitalist and communist countries. I don't know if anyone has actually noticed but Japan is very, what's the word, consumerized. Everything is built for the consumer. You've got huge adverts, you've got talk

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 实战口语情景对话