Helen Clark (born in 1950) is the 37th Prime Minister of New Zealand. She was in office between 1999 and 2008 and won three consecutive national elections. She is the second longest serving prime minister in NZs history. In 2008, she won the UN Envir

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 吉姆老爷.Lord.Jim

Amazon.com is one of the biggest success stories of the Internet. It was started by Jeff Bezos from a garage in Seattle, Washington in 1995 and is now the largest online retailer in the world. Bezos was Time magazines Person of the Year in 1999 for p

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Lady Diana Spencer was born in 1961. She had a normal, quiet upbringing. It could never have prepared her for the fame and glamour of being a British princess. Within a few years, she changed from being a shy teenager to the most photographed person

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

Ingrid Betancourt is a Colombian-French politician and formerly the worlds most famous hostage. She was kidnapped in 2002 by the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) while campaigning to be president. Her six years in captivity in the Colomb

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 各国名人英文介绍

Levis have been the most famous brand of jeans and denim clothing for decades. Levi Strauss Co. was founded in 1853 when Levi Strauss emigrated from Germany to San Francisco to help with his brothers dry goods business. The company began producing de

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Kraft Foods, Inc. is the worlds second largest confectionery, food, and drinks company (after Nestl). It has dozens of household-name brands which it markets in more than 155 countries. It was founded by James L. Kraft in 1903. He started a door-to-d

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Eastman Kodak Company is a multinational US corporation famous for producing photographic materials and equipment. It was a pioneer in film photography and is now refocusing to compete in digital markets. Kodak started as the Eastman Dry Plate Compan

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Kleenex is a brand name for facial tissues, bathroom tissue, paper towels, and diapers. The name Kleenex has become a noun in many dictionaries, meaning a facial tissue, whatever the brand. The Kimberly-Clark Corporation created Kleenex tissues in 19

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Mo?t et Chandon is a French winery famous for its champagnes. It is also co-owner of the luxury goods company Mo?t-Hennessy. It was founded in 1743 by wine trader Claude Mo?t, who began shipping his wine from the Champagne region to King Louis XV in

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Nintendo is a Japan-based multinational video game manufacturer and developer. It was founded in 1889 by Fusajiro Yamauchi as a maker of Japanese handmade hanafuda cards. The company tried various industries over the next century before turning to to

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Royal Dutch Shell, known worldwide simply as Shell, is an Anglo-Dutch petroleum company. It is one of the six largest oil exploration, natural gas, and petroleum companies in the world and was listed as the world's eighth largest company in 2010. She

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(131) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Red Bull is the worlds most popular energy drink. It originated in Thailand and was brought to global attention by an Austrian toothpaste marketer called Dietrich Mateschitz. He was amazed how a Thai pick-me-up drink called Krating Daeng (Red Bull in

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(135) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Honda Motor Company Ltd. is a Japanese multinational company mainly known for its cars and motorcycles. Its the sixth largest car maker in the world. The company was started by a mechanic Soichiro Honda. He made small motorbikes after WWII and by 196

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Gillette is a leading brand of razors and personal hygiene products. It was founded in 1895. It produced the first safety razors using disposable blades in 1902. In 1958, it produced its first 'adjustable' razor the model for most of todays razors. T

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(243) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Hilton is an international chain of luxury hotels and resorts. It was founded by Conrad Hilton who bought his first hotel in Cisco, Texas in 1919. Hilton expanded his enterprise until it became a leader in the U.S. market and the countrys first coast

发表于:2019-01-01 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 各大品牌英文介绍

Introduce foreign counterparts 介绍外商 A: Mr.Yan, I'd like to meet Mr.David Smith, sales manager for Northern Relfections of Canada. Mr.Smith, Mr.Ben Yan, general manager of Apex Trading. 严先生,让我为你介绍加拿大北方瑞弗莱克森

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

Introduce the guest to the personnel 介绍给员工 A: Good morning, Susanna. It's great to see you again. Did you have a good night? 早上好,苏珊娜。再次见到你真是太好了。旅途还愉快吧? B: Yes, it was a pleasant trip. I wa

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

Introduce a Colleague 介绍同事 A:John, hello, good to see you again. 您好,约翰,很高兴再次见到您。 B:Hello, Peter. How's business. 您好,彼得,生意怎么样? A:Oh, can't complain. 哦,还不错。 B:And the family? 家庭

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 外贸英语一点通

About Badminton (Olympic sport since 1992) 羽毛球概述(1992年成为奥运会正式比赛项目) Made-for-television radar guns instantly flash the speed of serves, volleys and pitches to the

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 奥运英语

介绍: Laugh in face 当面嘲笑 I told him my unpleasant experience but he just laughed in my face, right in front of my friends. 我告诉你他我不愉快的经历,但他当着我朋友的面嘲笑我。 For a laugh 就是开个玩笑,为了

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(188) / 评论(0) 分类 英语俚语天天说