Madam President Faust, members of the Harvard Corporation and the Board of Overseers, faculty, family, friends, and, most importantly, todays graduates,[qh] 尊敬的福斯特校长、哈佛集团的各位成员、监管理事会的各位理事、全体

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

My address will follow the classical sonata form of commencement addresses. The first movement, just presented, were light-hearted remarks. This next movement consists of unsolicited advice, which is rarely valued, seldom remembered, never followed.

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

Jimmy Stewart,as Elwood P.Dowd in the movie Harvey got it exactly right. (Now, forgive me, I don't believe in jimmy Stenart's story very well, but...)Years ago my mother used to say to me, 'In this world, Elwwod, you must be...she always used to call

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

If the world continues on a business-as-usual path, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change predicts that there is a fifty-fifty chance the temperature will exceed 5 degrees by the end of this century. This increase may not sound like much, but

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

In the coming decades, we will almost certainly face higher oil prices and be in a carbon-constrained economy. We have the opportunity to lead in development of a new, industrial revolution. The great hockey player, Wayne Gretzky, when asked, how he

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

President Faust, members of the Harvard Corporation and the Board of Overseers, members of the faculty, proud parents, and, above all, graduates. 尊敬的福斯特校长,哈弗集团的各位成员,监管理事会的各位理事,各位老师,各

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

I believe that man will not merely endure: he will prevail. He is immortal, not because he among creatures has an inexhaustible voice, but because he has a soul, a spirit capable of compassion and sacrifice and endurance. The poets, the writers, duty

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Michael, was one of a kind. I am thinking back to when we met and many times that we spent together and whenever we were out together and there would be a picture taken, there would be a caption of some kind. And the caption usually said something li

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

The growth of our science and education will be enriched by new knowledge of our universe and environment, by new techniques of learning and mapping and observation, by new tools and computers for industry, medicine, the home as well as the school. T

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

The apartheid destruction on my subcontinent is in calculable. The fabric of family life of millions of my people has been shattered. Millions are homeless and unemployed. Our economy lies in ruins and our people are embroiled in political strife. Ou

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

Restoration calls, however, not for changes in ethics alone. This nation is asking for action, and action now. 但是,复兴不仅仅只要改变伦理观念。这个国家要求行动起来,现在就行动起来。 Our greatest primary task is t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

These, my friends, are the lines of attack. I shall presently urge upon a new Congress in special session, detailed measures for their fulfillment, and I shall seek the immediate assistance of the 48 states. 以上这些,朋友们,就是施政方针

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名人励志英语演讲

If you choose to use your status and influence to raise your voice on behalf of those who have no voice; if you choose to identify not only with the powerful, but with the powerless; if you retain the ability to imagine yourself into the lives of tho

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

You might be driven by a fear of failure quite as much as a desire for success. Indeed, your conception of failure might not be too far from the average person's idea of success, so high have you already flown. 你们对失败的恐惧很可能与你们

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

As long as I live I shall remember walking along an empty corridor and suddenly hearing, from behind a closed door, a scream of pain and horror such as I have never heard since. The door opened, and the researcher poked out her head and told me to ru

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

What I feared most for myself at your age was not poverty, but failure. 像你们这么大时我最害怕的不是贫穷,而是失败。 At your age, in spite of a distinct lack of motivation at university, where I had spent far too long in the cof

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

What I found was that working within the institution gave me the opportunity to express my concerned about how little role the university plays in the life of its neighbors. I wanted desperately to be involved in helping to break down the barriers th

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Nick then brings kids to campus regularly so that they can so something special: see what it's like to be on a college campus, and begin to dream. 然后尼克会定期把孩子们带到大学校园,以便他们能够做一些特别的事情:看看

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

You too can have this same transformative effect on the community of Merced and our entire nation. We need your ideas, graduates. We need your resourcefulness. We need your inventiveness. 你们也能够给摩赛德社区乃至我们整个国家带来同

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

And you will definitely have your share of setbacks. Count on it. Your best laid plans will be consumed by obstacles. Your excellence ideas will be peppered with flaws. You will be confronted with financial strains as your loans become due and salari

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲