Members of the Harvard Family: Here in the Yard is one of the great collections of intellectual talent in the world. 哈佛大家庭的成员们,这个院子里在场的人们,你们是全世界最有智力的人类群体之一。 For what purpos

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Thirty years after Marshall made his address, which was thirty years ago, as my class graduated without me, technology was emerging that would make the world smaller, more open, more visible, less distant. 马歇尔发表这个演讲三十年后,也就

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

The final stepafter seeing the problem and finding an approachis to measure the impact of your work and share your successes and failures so that others learn from your efforts. 在发现问题和找到解决方法之后,就该进行最后一步评估

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

When an airplane crashes, officials immediately call a press conference. They promise to investigate, determine the cause, and prevent similar crashes in the future. 当一架飞机坠毁了,官员们会立刻召开新闻发布会,他们承诺进行

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

If we can find approaches that meet the needs of the poor in ways that generate profits for business and votes for politicians, we will have found a sustainable way to reduce inequity in the world. This task is open-ended. It can never be finished. B

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

Harvard was a phenomenal experience for me. Academic life was fascinating. I used to sit in on lots of classes I hadn't even signed up for. And dorm life was terrific. I lived up at Radcliffe, in Currier House. There were always lots of people in my

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

One of the greatest formative experiences of my life preceded Harry Potter, though it informed much of what I subsequently wrote in those books. This revelation came in the form of one of my earliest day jobs. Though I was sloping off to write storie

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

So why do I talk about the benefits of failure? Simply because failure meant a stripping away of the inessential. I stopped pretending to myself that I was anything other than what I was, and began to direct all my energy into finishing the only work

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

I might be tempted to envy people who can live that way, except that I do not think they have any fewer nightmares than I do. Choosing to live in narrow spaces leads to a form of mental agoraphobia, and that brings its own terrors. I think the wilful

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

But the prisoners train these puppies to then be service dogs to help our soldiers in Iraq who comes back with traumatic brain injuries and post-traumatic stress, and then send them to the veterans from Iraq. Some of those inmates had never known lov

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

I am, however, an expert in pretending to be an expert in various areas, so just randomly like everything else in this speech. I am or I was an expert in kissing on stage and on screen. How did I prepare for this? Well most of my preparation for this

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

One single years of primary eudcation invested in one kid means 10 to 20 percent increase in the wages in their adult life. For every dollar invested in early childhood development programs, that same child will give back 17 dollars. So yeah, educati

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(133) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

I am nearly finished. I have one last hope for you, which is something that I already had at 21. The friends with whom I sat on graduation day have been my friends for life. They are my children's godparents, the people to whom I've been able to turn

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

That is an astonishing statement and yet proven a thousand times every day of our lives. It expresses, in part, our inescapable connection with the outside world, the fact that we touch other people's lives simply by existing. 那是一个惊人的论断

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(120) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

Unlike any other creature on this planet, human beings can learn and understand, without having experienced. They can think themselves into other people's places. 与这个星球上任何其他的动物不同,人类可以学习和理解未曾经历过

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

One of the greatest formative experiences of my life preceded Harry Potter, though it informed much of what I subsequently wrote in those books. This revelation came in the form of one of my earliest day jobs. Though I was sloping off to write storei

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

The knowledge that you have emerged wiser and stronger from setbacks means that you are, ever after, secure in your ability to survive. You will never truly know yourself, or the strength of your relationships, until both have been tested by adversit

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

Now, I am not going to stand here and tell you that failure is fun. That period of my life was a dark one, and I had no idea that there was going to be what the press has since represented as a kind of fairy tale resolution. I had no idea then how fa

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

President Faust, members of the Harvard Corporation and the Board of Overseers, members of the faculty, proud parents, and, above all, graduates: 尊敬的福斯特校长,哈佛集团的各位成员,监督理事会的各位理事,各位老师,各

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 偶像励志英语演讲

And then one of my heroes, Geoffrey Canadas, grew up in the South Bronx. After graduating from Bowdoin and getting his masters at Harvard, he returned to New York city and used his education to ensure that the next generation would have a chance at t

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(98) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲