Nothing to sell and Nothing to It's been said that everyone lives by selling something. In the light of this statement, teachers live by selling their knowledge, philosophers by selling wisdom and priests by selling spiritual comfort. Though it may b

发表于:2018-11-29 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 四级晨读英语美文

I was out for my usual morning run and found myself stumbling through the late-summer heat, wishing I had taken a water bottle. I stopped under a bridge for a moment of shade, I saw two young, scruffy men standing next to their sleeping bags. One smi

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Conductor: Fares please! Man: Trafalgar Square please. Conductor: I’m sorry, sir. I can’t change a pound note. Haven’t you got any small change? Man: I’ve got no small change, I’m afraid. Co

发表于:2018-12-14 / 阅读(210) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第一册

change 兑换,改变 conductor 售票员 except 除之外 fare 车费,车票 get off 下车 neither 也不 none 没有任何东西 note 纸币 passenger 乘客 tramp 流浪汉

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 新概念英语第一册单词MP3

I was swinging on the front gate, trying to decide whether to walk down the street to play with Verna, my best friend in fifth grade, when I saw a tramp come up the road. Hello, little girl, he said. Is your mama at home? I nodded and swung the gate

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 每天一点英文

The wisdom of one word 改变一生的邂逅 Isnt it amazing how one person, sharing one idea, at the right time and place can change the course of your lifes history? This is certainly what happened in my life. When I was 14, I was hitchhiking from

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 晨读英语美文60篇

一流浪汉发现了倒在小巷中的男人,随后他看到了男人藏在旅行包里的几个人头。Castle再次开始调查此案,他这次却遇到了一个非常无理的搭档。Beckett不理解Castle的反常行为,她只能向周围的

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 灵书妙探 第四季

三人行必有我师焉,只要我们认真观察体验生活,任何人都可以成为我们的老师,下面的双语文章就是作者从流浪汉身上得到的感悟。 4 What I Learned From The Homeless Man Under The Bridge 桥下那位流浪

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语美文

今日知识点: Homeless person 无家可归的人,流浪汉 A homeless person asked me for some change this morning, but all I had were big bills. 一个流浪汉今天早上向我要零钱,但是我兜里都是大额钞票。 Bum 流浪汉 Y

发表于:2019-01-24 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 每天三分钟学英语

核心句型: What's the catch? 有什么内幕? What's the catch 的翻译比较灵活,依语境而定。日常交谈中,对方免费给你好处,常常反问:What's the catch?就是问有什么诡计?;也可译为你这是什么意思

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

一名流浪汉发现了一具烧焦的女尸,贝克特、卡塞尔通过调查发现死者与布莱肯议员相识,贝克特等人怀疑是布莱肯谋杀了死者。根据死者生前的电话录音,贝克特、卡塞尔找到了凶案现场,

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 灵书妙探 第五季

A Manhattan homeless man had an emotional reunion yesterday with the kindhearted ad executive who lent him her American Express Platinum Card outside a SoHo restaurant, in what became a shining act of generosity, trust and honesty. 昨天,曼哈顿一

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 阅读空间

Two weeks ago, I made a podcast about immigration into Britain from Eastern Europe. Todays podcast is also about an immigrant from Eastern Europe. His name was Josef Stawinoga. He was born in Poland. We do not know much about his early life. It seems

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

I feel good about this. I really do. 我觉得这很棒。我真的这样觉得。 Thank you. Thank you very much. 谢谢你。非常谢谢你。 Of course. 不用谢。 My name is Mark Bustos. I'm a hairstylist based out of New York City. 我的名字

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情