Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek. 如果我们总是等待,改变永远不会到来。自己才是我们在等的那个人,才是我们在

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.8

Explosions Change Soldiers Brains, Study Says 研究表明强大爆炸会改变士兵的大脑结构 Scientists have been studying the effect of explosions on soldiers brains since World War I. Some military veterans who survived powerful explosions

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(八)月

63 美国是否应当改变对伊朗和伊拉克的强硬政策? Should US Change Hard Line Policies Toward Iran, Iraq? Ed Warner Washington 22 Jun 2001 21:59 UTC U.S. policy toward Iran and Iraq ne

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2001-国际风云(1)

Harry got up 快速的起床 Dressed all in black 穿上黑色的西装 Went down to the station 他走去了车站 And he never came back 然后再也没有回来 They found his clothing 他们发现他的衣服 Scattered somewhere down the track 散落

发表于:2018-12-13 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 Friends 老友记全10季英语插曲

AS IT IS 2015-03-31 Land-Use Changes May Increase Risk of Plague 土地用途的改变可能会增加灾祸的发生 Conversion of forests to agricultural use create habitats for small rats that carry disease such as plague. (Photo by Douglas McCaule

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Today, we have young women like this one teaching villages in Africa how to put their animals together into larger herds, plan their grazing to mimic nature, 今天,我们有像这样的年轻女性在非洲的村庄里传授技术,如何把他们的

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

I began helping a family in the Karoo Desert in the 1970s turn the desert that you see on the right there back to grassland, 20世纪70年代我开始帮助一个在卡鲁沙漠的家庭,你们看到在右边沙漠变回了草地, and thankfully,

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲教育篇

今天分享的是shape的用法。 重点词汇 shape n.形状; 模型; 状态; 身材; vt.塑造; 使符合; 体现; boundary n.分界线; 范围; (球场) 边线; So I'll sing Hallelujah 所以我轻吟祈祷着 哈利路亚 You were an angel

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

There are three constants in lifechange, choice and principles. 生活中有三样是不变的:改变,选择和原则。 图片1

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 Daily English-2015.11

The Brygmophyseter was not without a weakness. 四贺鲸不是没有缺点。 Unlike Megalodon, it was unable to re-grow lost teeth. 它不像巨齿鲨,它无法长出掉落了的牙齿。 It did, however, have another weapon at its disposal. 但是,

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 侏罗纪搏击俱乐部

If your life is not what you want it to be, you have the power to change it, and you must make the changes on a moment by moment basis. Live your priorities. Live with your goals and your plan of action. Live each moment with your priorities in mind.

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 瞬间秒杀听力

US Attorney General Calls for Changes to Asylum Rules The United States has long offered asylum protection to people who have fled their own countries and fear they will face threats or harm if they go back. In the latest available report, over 26,00

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(66) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Ruth, England speaker The same as I did in high school? Definitely not, no! For a start I look a lot older. I look the same in that I wore glasses then and I still wear glasses now but actually more often than not I wear my contact lenses now and I w

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 一起闲话英语-English Chitchat

It is a call to overhaul immigration. President Trump endorsed today new legislation from Republican Senators David Perdue of Georgia and Tom Cotton of Arkansas that would cut in half the number of people allowed in the nation legally, marking a prof

发表于:2019-01-27 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

之前我们在《早餐英语》中分享过不少《高效能人士的七个习惯》中的精华篇章和故事。分享这些文章给你们,一方面是由于中英文翻译时确实有很多词不达意的地方,所以我更加希望你们能

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 卡卡课堂早餐英语

Emily问同事Lisa要不要一起吃饭。 Emily: Hey Lisa...want to grab lunch with me? Lisa: Sure, Emily. We haven't done that in a while. E: Yeah...actually, we haven't hung out at all recently. You seem sort of under the weather. Is there somethi

发表于:2019-02-12 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

Last Sunday, in the early hours of the morning, a whole hour disappeared. It was the beginning of summer time. Every year, at the end of March, we change the time on our clocks and watches. We move the time forward by one hour, so that, for example,

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 听播客学英语

Juan Enriquez挑战我们固有的生物能源的定义。石油、煤炭、天然气和其他碳氢化合物,并不是化学物质,而是生物产品,都是来源于植物。因此,是可以种植的。他认为,我们获取燃料的方法,

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲视频集

GWEN IFILL: It's a very different kind of baby gift. Facebook co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg announced yesterday the birth of his daughter with a most unusual letter. He and his wife, Priscilla Chan, will donate 99 percent of their shares in the

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 PBS访谈社会系列

Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others , however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Over the last half century the pace of change in the li

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 四六级写作指导