习语:a fair-weather friend 知识点津:fair-weather本指鸟亮丽的羽毛,后用以指人非常风光。因此a fair-weather person 指的是a person who stops being a friend when one is in trouble,即不能共患难的人。 迷你对话:

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 迷你对话学地道口语

祝贺 Congratulations ◆ 祝贺你Congratulations on... ◆ 愿你I wish you... ◆ 请允许我举杯祝愿 Allow me to propose a toast to... ◆ 祝您May you... 抱怨 Complaints ◆ 我能和您谈谈吗? May I have a word with you? ◆ 我不想

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 外企白领口语速查手册

A British firm has developed a new product to help us save money. The product is a wristband that gives us an electric shock if we spend too much money. The wristband is called Pavlok. It is linked to our bank account. It knows how much money we have

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语科技新闻

An English couple could lose their home or their pets. Clive and Rose Restall live with their 21 guinea pigs. The owners of the house say this is too many. They want the couple to get rid of the guinea pigs. The owners warned Mr and Mrs Restall that

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语生活新闻

数学不仅仅是一堆逻辑和函数,它还可以很酷。数学家阿瑟-本杰明向我们展示了斐波纳契数列的隐含魅力,以及种种看起来很神奇的巧合(同时提醒你,数学也可以是激动人心的!)。

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:百字不如一数字

你的电脑是怎么染上病毒的?这些病毒窥探你的数据,盗取你的银行信息。通常,在你每天不假思索地点击电脑时,病毒就趁虚而入了。詹姆斯莱恩提醒到,我们不仅受到美国安全局的监视,

发表于:2018-12-09 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:罪与罚

2. Do them immediately. 第二,立即行动去做(自己该做的事)。 Another great strategy to keep from forgetting things is to do them immediately. 另外一条防止忘记事情的重要对策就是立刻做完它们。 If I am working, 如果

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 生活英语听力文章

导购口语: Don't rub or wring the silk after washing. It's easy to be crushable. 丝绸洗后不能搓,也不能拧。很容易起皱。 The silk shouldn't be hung out in the sunshine. 丝绸不能挂在阳光下暴晒。 I'm afraid it won't be

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 最In导购口语

【Trancript】 Work taboos A:May I ask whether we are allowed to wear casual clothes in the office? B:Sure, company rules are not very strict at this point. A:Thank you for telling me that. B:But remind you, there are some forbidden activiti

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 白领快餐口语

Changing the topic 转换话题更改主题 Can I just change the subject before I forget? 在我忘记之前我可以换个话题吗? Oh, by the way, 哦,对了,... Oh, before I forget, 哦,差点忘了,... Oh, I meant to tell you earlie

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 大忙人学社交口语

核心句型: Don't forget to clock in, otherwise you won't get paid. 别忘了打卡,否则领不到钱。 clock作动词是为记录时间,打卡的意思。clock in这个短语的正确意思是:打卡计时上班,记录上班时间。因此

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 轻松日记商务职场篇

英语作文 Announcement(或者Notice也可以的) Boys and girls, may I have your attention, please?(典型的通知开头语) We will have a sports meeting next Friday. The meeting will be held on the playground of our school, from 8 o'clock in the morning til

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

本集来换换口味吧, 大家知不知道怎么样用英语来表达你很喜欢一个女孩子呢? 如何讲一些让女孩子感动的话呢? 不过我收集的这些会话, 并不是十分浪漫

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 小笨霖英语笔记

人类发展已经造成地球资源的紧张,但是约翰罗克斯特伦提醒我们,人类科学技术进步也使我们认识到这一切,并随之改变这种行为。他的研究发现了9大地球界限通过这个发现可以指引我们保

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 TED公开课:生态谜云

A: Could I speak with the manager about some problems in the pool area? B: Sure, what seems to be the problem? A: My apartment is next to the pool, and there seems to be some really late-night partying going on out there. B: The hours for the pool ar

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

地震提醒加州人预备应对灾难 A series of moderate earthquakes that rocked Los Angeles recently have reminded residents to be ready for a disaster. Safety experts say every household needs a plan, supplies of food and water, and emergency e

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2014年4月

Well, here it is i've found that nothing in life is worthwhile. 我的意思是我发现 如果你不冒险 Unless you take risks Nothing. 生活中的一切都会是毫无价值所有一切 Nelson Mandela said There is no passion to be found playing

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 公众人物毕业演讲

托福听说抓分秘笈:重视发音思路和表达 要提高托福[微博]口语表达能力,关键是注意笔记、发音、思路和表达。 3月23日,在新航道托福盛典现场,有多年托福教学经验的老师现场指导考生如

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语

星型典句: 第一句:Could you please tell where I should get off? 请告诉我该在哪儿下车好吗? A: Could you please tell me where I should get off? 请告诉我该在哪儿下车好吗? B: You should get off at the last stop. 您应

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话

星级典句: 第一句:Let me get off at Central Park. 请让我在中央公园下车。 A: Let me get off at Central Park. 请让我在中央公园下车。 B: OK. There are still five stops away from here. 好的,离这儿还有五站地。 第

发表于:2019-02-15 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 旅游英语口语情景对话