Information society 信息社会 Gary: [from Covent Garden in London] Ive chosen one of the hottest days of theyear to take a short stroll from our BBC studios to nearby Covent Garden. Imvisiting Hakim Kahtan, whos manager of Global Tele-Call. This part

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

immigration 移民 NB: Please note this is not a word for word transcript of the audio programme Gary:Todays big story is migration.Well focus on some of the issues and, of course, the language behind the topic, and well look at how migration is repor

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Callum:Hello. In recent programmes in this series, Who on Earth are we? Marc Beebys looked at some of the more obvious ways that cultures can be different from one another -the different ways we use language, or non-verbal communication, for example

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(542) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Callum: Hello and welcome to Talk about English. Today in our series Who on Earth are we? Marc Beeby examines the differences between individual and collective based cultures. If youre someone who likes privacy, your own space, making your own decis

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Callum: Hello and welcome to the eighth programme in our series Who on Earth are we. In the last programme Marc Beeby began an investigation into the differences between cultures where the individual is seen as central individualist cultures and tho

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Callum: Hello today we have the third programme in our series on culture and inter- cultural communication: Who on Earth are we? In this programme Marc Beeby looks at language and culture. Heres Marc Marc: Hello. Today we begin our look at the build

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Callum: Hello and welcome to Talk about English. Today we have the second in our series on culture, Who on Earth are we? In this programme presenter Marc Beeby tries to answer the difficult question: what is culture? Heres Mark. Marc:Culture is a di

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Who on Earth are we? 我们到底是谁? Who on Earth are we? is a series about culture and how it affects us. It explores some of the major differences between cultures and looks at what happens when people from different cultures meet and communicate.

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Carmela: This weeks work situation is delegating(代表,委任) .and Im going to delegate the task of explaining delegating to business English expert David Evans. David: Delegating is one of the most important aspects of any managers job. Very simpl

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

appraisals 评估 Carmela: This week were looking at appraisals thats a meeting where a manager reviews your recent performance. As usual Im joined in the studio by David Evans, our business English expert. David, the purpose of appraisals... Now they

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

BBC Learning EnglishTalk about EnglishAcademic ListeningPart 4 - Lectures: the introductionThis programme was first broadcast in 2001. This is not an accurate word-for-word transcript of the programme. ANNOUNCER: Its time for Academic Listening - a

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Dealing with difficult clientsThis programme was first broadcast in 2001. This is not an accurate word-for-word transcript of the programme. Carmela: Well provide you with the most useful expressions used every day at work. Therell be new language, s

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Insight PlusPart 1 Global Brands(品牌) Jackie: Welcome to bbclearningenglish.com and another chance to hear InsightPlus, a series first broadcast in 2001 that looks at the language of issuesyou hear about in the news. Todays topic is Big Brands, c

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(127) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Meetings David:I think It depends on the type of meeting really. Sometimes its okay to just sit and listen to the boss giving you an update on various things. I think there are other times, when the person is having the meeting so that they can get

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(126) / 评论(0) 分类 英语讨论

Mans Law or Gods Law? Americans Debate Religion in Government 美国人在政府讨论宗教 Hundreds of supporters cheered when a local government official, Kim Davis, was released from jail Tuesday. She smiled and appeared to cry. I just want to gi

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

The defense chiefs of China and the United States had their second meeting within 10 days on Wednesday on the sidelines of a regional defense ministers meeting in Brunei, a gesture observers said shows a growing momentum of frank interaction. Beijing

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(116) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

1.Are we all set? 我们完事儿了吗? A: Are we all set? B: I have one more question. A:我们完事儿了吗? B:我还有一个问题。 2.Get involved and contribute 积极参与和贡献 A: Everyone needs to get involved and contribute during the discussion. B: We wi

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 天天商务口语

Ways To Manage Stress Creatively 管理压力的方法 Accept Creativity as Workbecause who wants a real job anyway? 将创造力视作工作因为,谁想真地工作呢? The biggest skill is being able to separate yourself from your work. 我认为

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

WELLINGTON, June 7 (Xinhua) -- Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida will discuss bilateral cooperation in trade and regional issues when he visits New Zealand this weekend, New Zealand Foreign Affairs Minister Murray McCully said Friday. Kishida's

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Que1: well I would love to ., first because., also I think finally,/besides Que2: I thinkwould be better. first because., also I think finally,/besides Que3: in this set of materials, the reading passage is about., the listeninng is a discussion betw

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 托福英语