今天,本杰明带着罗拉来参观故宫博物馆。故宫里面非凡的建筑和景观把罗拉惊呆了,本杰明则在一边细心地讲解着。 Listen Read Learn Laura: Uncle Ben, how did the Forbidden City get this name? Benjamin: Well, in the feudal society, emperors had supreme power,

发表于:2018-12-03 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 王强口语 第二册

By Rebecca Ward Phevos and Athena, the brother and sister mascots of the 2004 Olympics, might be considered a step above the usual stuffed toy Olympic merchandisers come up with every two years, if on

发表于:2018-12-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--雅典奥运

1. Hundreds of thousands of people are celebrating gay pride events in cities across the country from New York to San Francisco. Supporters filled the street Sunday following the Supreme Court's ruling legalizing same-sex marriage nationwide. 2. The

发表于:2018-12-15 / 阅读(119) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2015(六)月

S: what shall we do after the volleyball match? J: how about going to the Olympic souvenir store to have a look? I remember there is one in the gym. S: that's a good idea. I was thinking of buying some gifts for my family. J: me, too. What did you ha

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 和老外聊天地道口语

Modern Olympic Games Review ——1972 Olympic Munich The 1972 Munich 1 Games were the largest yet, setting records in all categories, with 195 events and 7,123 athletes from 121 nations. They were su

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语沙龙2004全年合辑上

阿美坐出租车时,在车里看见了很多奥运会的吉祥物,一问才知道,原来司机是个奥运迷,这下阿美可找到知音了。 Listen Read Learn May: I see that there are Olympic mascots in your car. Taxi driver: Yes. I am

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家下册

The Palace Museum unveiled its two brand new mascots in Xiamen, in southeast Chinas Fujian province. Donning Qing Dynasty costumes, the designs for Zhuangzhuang and Meimei originate from the traditional Chinese symbols of the dragon and the phoenix.

发表于:2019-01-05 / 阅读(166) / 评论(0) 分类 CCTV9英语新闻2014年11月

EDUCATION REPORT - Colleges Face Limits on Native-American Team Names By Nancy Steinbach Broadcast: Thursday, September 01, 2005 I'm Barbara Klein with the VOA Special English Education Report. Most A

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

1. President Bush accuses Iraq war critics of trying to rewrite history, attacking politicians for making what he calls false charges. 2. Making a surprise and heavily guarded visit to Iraq, Secretary

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2005

Olympic Fans Go Shopping People have been flooding into the department store John Lewis, which is right by the Olympic Park, to buy their official games merchandise. Inside, Olympic imagery is splattered across just about every product you can imagin

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

Going to Camp to Become a Sports Mascot Summer mascot camp is underway near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. I am the wild cat, said Jesse King. I have learned a lot just about how to develop my personality and I think that will really help me. This is high

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(七月)

Dialogue 1 Mark: Jingjing, have you been seeing all the FIFA advertisements? 马克:京晶,你有没有看过 FIFA所有的广告? Jingjing: Yeah, I think a lot of companies in China are official sponsors. So I see the FIFA symbol everywhere. B

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语PK台

阿美坐出租车时,在车里看见了很多奥运会的吉祥物,一问才知道,原来司机是个奥运迷,这下阿美可找到知音了。 Listen Read Learn May: I see that there are Olympic mascotsin your car. Taxi driver: Yes. I am very interested in the Olympic Games, and I'm espec

发表于:2019-01-21 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英语口语大赢家

China is the most populous(人口众多的) country in the world. Wherever there are Chinese people, there are dragons regarded as mascots. For over 2,000 years, the dragon has turned from a symbol of deity, emperor and imperial power into a symbol o

发表于:2019-02-01 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 英语作文

Chinese culture is being promoted for another year in the Canadian city of Toronto. And this year, the five mascots of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games are in the line up all in the name of Dragon Day. Ancient Chinese Opera, Dragon and Lion dance, and

发表于:2019-02-05 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻视频

1. Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili says he has signed a ceasefire agreement with Russia. But he didn't appear enthusiastic about it. He says it protects the former Soviet Republic's interests despite concessions to Moscow. 2. The kidnapping s

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(八)月

Zodiac mascots and decorations are a must on the New Year shopping list for many Chinese households. However, the Year of Snake, which begins on Sunday on the lunar calendar, has made some vendors worried about their business. Well, this one looks li

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

London 's Mascots are Revealed 伦敦奥运会吉祥物与公众见面 They have frightened some and enchanted others. They are Wenlock and Mandeville, mascots of the London Olympic Games. The one-eyed figures join the large family of mascots that in

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力精选进阶版

Topic1-Cold Weather Promotes Food Delivery Much of China has been bracing for the worst cold in 30 years. The cold weather has kept people indoors. As a result, food delivery orders have been piling up. Considering the health of food couriers, some i

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 英语角-圆桌会议

Mitchell: I'm taking baby steps here, all right? I'm actually looking forward to it. 'Cause it's not just the game. It's the bands and the drama and the... the pageantry... Cameron: Don't forget about the team mascots. Mitchell: They wear ascots? Cam

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(177) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音