英语听书《海底两万里》第154期 第11章 诺第留斯号(5)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
Accordingly, three years ago at the most, Captain Nemo had begun his underwater existence.
这样说来,尼摩船长开始他的海底生活,至多不过三年。
Moreover, I hoped some books even more recent would permit me to pinpoint 1 the date precisely 2;
我很希望有更新近的书籍可以让我确定这个日期:
but I had plenty of time to look for them, and I didn't want to put off any longer our stroll through the wonders of the Nautilus.
但我想,我会有时间来做这种研究工作的;我不愿再耽误游览诺第留斯号船上的奇迹。
Sir, I told the captain, thank you for placing this library at my disposal. There are scientific treasures here, and I'll take advantage of them.
先生,我对船长说,我多谢您把这些图书让我随便使用。这是科学的宝库,我在这里一定能得到许多益处。
This room isn't only a library, Captain Nemo said, it's also a smoking room.
这里不仅是图书室。尼摩船长说,同时又是吸烟室。
A smoking room? I exclaimed. Then one may smoke on board?
吸烟室吗?我喊,船上也抽烟吗?
Surely.
当然也抽烟。
In that case, sir, I'm forced to believe that you've kept up relations with Havana.
先生,那么,我不能不想您是跟哈瓦那有来往的了。
None whatever, the captain replied. Try this cigar, Professor Aronnax, and even though it doesn't come from Havana, it will satisfy you if you're a connoisseur 3.
一点没有来往.船长回答,阿龙纳斯先生,这支雪前,您抽抽看,这虽然不是从哈瓦那来的,但如果您是行家,您一定会满意的。
vt.准确地确定;用针标出…的精确位置
- It is difficult to pinpoint when water problems of the modern age began.很难准确地指出,现代用水的问题是什么时候出现的。
- I could pinpoint his precise location on a map.我能在地图上指明他的准确位置。
adv.恰好,正好,精确地,细致地
- It's precisely that sort of slick sales-talk that I mistrust.我不相信的正是那种油腔滑调的推销宣传。
- The man adjusted very precisely.那个人调得很准。
n.鉴赏家,行家,内行
- Only the real connoisseur could tell the difference between these two wines.只有真正的内行才能指出这两种酒的区别。
- We are looking for a connoisseur of French champagne.我们想找一位法国香槟酒品酒专家。