英语听书《海底两万里》第138期 第10章 水中人(9)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
So things happened on board that were quite odd 1 to say the least, things never to be seen by people not placing themselves beyond society's laws!
这样看来,船上一定有很离奇古怪的事,这事是服从社会法律的人不应该看的!
Among all the surprises the future had in store for me, this would not be the mildest.
那么,在我将来可能碰到的惊奇事件当中,这一定是非同小可的一件。
We accept, I replied. Only, I'll ask your permission, sir, to address a question to you, just one.
我们接受,我答,但是,先生,我要求您允许我向您提一个问题,仅仅是一个。
Go ahead, sir.
说吧,先生。
You said we'd be free aboard your vessel 2?
您刚才说我们在船上可以自由,是不是?
Completely.
完全自由。
Then I would ask what you mean by this freedom.
我要问您,您所说的是怎样的自由?
Why, the freedom to come, go, see, and even closely 3 observe everything happening here-except under certain rare circumstances-in short,
就是往来行动、耳闻目见的自由,甚至于有观察船上、一切的自由—某些特殊情况除外—
the freedom we ourselves enjoy, my companions and I.
就是跟我们,我和同伴都要有自由。
It was obvious that we did not understand each other.
显然的,我们彼此都没有领会对方的意思。
adj.奇特的;临时的;奇数的;n.[pl.]机会
- She looks a bit odd.I wonder what has happened to her.她的神色有些异样,不知出了什么事。
- He's an odd character and no mistake!他的确是个怪人!
n.船舶;容器,器皿;管,导管,血管
- The vessel is fully loaded with cargo for Shanghai.这艘船满载货物驶往上海。
- You should put the water into a vessel.你应该把水装入容器中。