英语听书《海底两万里》第133期 第10章 水中人(4)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
Unintentionally? the stranger replied, raising his voice a little.
不是故意的吗?”这个人把声音提高了一点回答,
Was it unintentionally that the Abraham Lincoln hunted me on every sea?
林肯号在海面上到处追逐我,难道是无意的吗?
Was it unintentionally that you traveled aboard that frigate 1?
你们上这艘战舰,难道不是故意的吗?
Was it unintentionally that your shells bounced off my ship's hull 2?
你们用炮弹轰我的船,难道不是故意的吗?
Was it unintentionally that Mr. Ned Land hit me with his harpoon 3?
尼德·兰师傅用鱼叉打我的船,难道也不是故意的吗?
I detected a controlled irritation 4 in these words.
我看得出在这些话里面,含有一种隐忍不发的愤怒。
But there was a perfectly 5 natural reply to these charges, and I made it.
但对于他提出的这些责问,我有个很有道理的回答,我就说:
Sir, I said, you're surely unaware 6 of the discussions that have taken place in Europe and America with yourself as the subject.
先生,您一定不知道关于您的问题在美洲和欧洲所引起的争论。
You don't realize that various accidents, caused by collisions with your underwater machine, have aroused public passions on those two continents.
您不知道由于您的潜水艇的冲撞所发生的各种意外事件,已经哄动了两个大陆。
n.护航舰,大型驱逐舰
- An enemy frigate bore down on the sloop.一艘敌驱逐舰向这只护航舰逼过来。
- I declare we could fight frigate.我敢说我们简直可以和一艘战舰交战。
n.船身;(果、实等的)外壳;vt.去(谷物等)壳
- The outer surface of ship's hull is very hard.船体的外表面非常坚硬。
- The boat's hull has been staved in by the tremendous seas.小船壳让巨浪打穿了。
n.鱼叉;vt.用鱼叉叉,用鱼叉捕获
- The harpoon drove deep into the body of the whale.渔叉深深地扎进鲸鱼体内。
- The fisherman transfixed the shark with a harpoon.渔夫用鱼叉刺住鲨鱼。
n.激怒,恼怒,生气
- He could not hide his irritation that he had not been invited.他无法掩饰因未被邀请而生的气恼。
- Barbicane said nothing,but his silence covered serious irritation.巴比康什么也不说,但是他的沉默里潜伏着阴郁的怒火。
adv.完美地,无可非议地,彻底地
- The witnesses were each perfectly certain of what they said.证人们个个对自己所说的话十分肯定。
- Everything that we're doing is all perfectly above board.我们做的每件事情都是光明正大的。