时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物


英语课

   Anyhow, the harpooner 1 said, I'm as hungry as all Hades, and dinner or breakfast, not one puny 2 meal has arrived!


  不管怎样,鱼叉手说,我肚子饿得要命,晚餐也好,今餐也好,还是不送来!
  Mr.Land, I answered, we have to adapt to the schedule on board, and I imagine our stomachs are running ahead of the chief cook's dinner bell.
  尼德·兰师傅,我答,我们要遵照船上的规定,我想我们的胃口是走在用餐时间的前面了。
  Well then, we'll adjust our stomachs to the chef's timetable! Conseil replied serenely 3.
  是!我们把胃口摆在规定的餐时就好了!康塞尔安静地答。
  There you go again, Conseil my friend! the impatient Canadian shot back.
  康塞尔好朋友,在这件事上我佩服您,性急的加拿大人答,
  You never allow yourself any displays of bile or attacks of nerves! You're everlastingly 4 calm!
  您不发愁,也不冒火!总是镇定,若无其事!
  You'd say your after-meal grace even if you didn't get any food for your before-meal blessing-and you'd starve to death rather than complain!
  您可骼把饭后的祷告挪到饭前来念,宁愿饿死,也不肯埋怨!
  What good would it do? Conseil asked.
  埋怨有什么用呢?康塞尔问。
  Complaining doesn't have to do good, it just feels good!
  至少总可以出口气呀!能这样就已经不错了。
  And if these pirates--I say pirates out of consideration for the professor's feelings, since he doesn't want us to call them cannibals
  如果这些海盗—我说海盗是尊重他们,并且我也不愿意使教授不痛快,他不让我叫他们吃人的野人,
  if these pirates think they're going to smother 5 me in this cage without hearing what cusswords spice up my outbursts, they've got another think coming!
  如果这些海盗认为他们把我关在这气闷的笼子里,而可以一点不听到我、发脾气的咒骂,那他们就弄错了!
  Look here, Professor Aronnax, speak frankly 6. How long do you figure they'll keep us in this iron box?
  好,阿龙纳斯先生,请您老实说,您想他们会不会把我们长时间关在这铁盒子里?

  • When a boat got close enough to the whale, the harpooner threw his harpoon at it. 等船非常接近鲸鱼时,鱼叉手就以鱼叉向它投射。 来自互联网
adj.微不足道的,弱小的
  • The resources at the central banks' disposal are simply too puny.中央银行掌握的资金实在太少了。
  • Antonio was a puny lad,and not strong enough to work.安东尼奥是个瘦小的小家伙,身体还不壮,还不能干活。
adv.安详地,宁静地,平静地
  • The boat sailed serenely on towards the horizon.小船平稳地向着天水交接处驶去。
  • It was a serenely beautiful night.那是一个宁静美丽的夜晚。
永久地,持久地
  • Why didn't he hold the Yankees instead of everlastingly retreating? 他为什么不将北军挡住,反而节节败退呢?
  • "I'm tired of everlastingly being unnatural and never doing anything I want to do. "我再也忍受不了这样无休止地的勉强自己,永远不能赁自己高兴做事。
vt./vi.使窒息;抑制;闷死;n.浓烟;窒息
  • They tried to smother the flames with a damp blanket.他们试图用一条湿毯子去灭火。
  • We tried to smother our laughter.我们强忍住笑。
adv.坦白地,直率地;坦率地说
  • To speak frankly, I don't like the idea at all.老实说,我一点也不赞成这个主意。
  • Frankly speaking, I'm not opposed to reform.坦率地说,我不反对改革。