英语听书《海底两万里》第111期 第8章 动中之动(14)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
Don't be so irritable 1, Ned, I then told the harpooner 2, and don't ruin things for us with pointless violence.
尼德·兰,您不用发脾气,我于是对鱼叉手说,暴躁:没有什么用,只会把事情搞坏了,
Who knows whether they might be listening to us? Instead, let's try to find out where we are!
谁知道有没有人在偷听我们说话呢!我们倒不如先想法知道我们是在什么地方。
I started moving, groping my way. After five steps I encountered an iron wall made of riveted 3 boilerplate.
我摸索着慢慢地走。走了五步,我碰到一堵铁墙,墙是用螺丝钉铆住的铁板。
Then, turning around, I bumped into a wooden table next to which several stools had been set.
然后,我转回来,撞上一张木头桌子,桌子边放有几张方板凳。
The floor of this prison lay hidden beneath thick, hempen 4 matting that deadened the sound of footsteps.
这间监狱的地板上铺着很厚的麻垫子,走起来没有一点脚步声。
Its naked walls didn't reveal any trace of a door or window.
光光的墙壁摸不出有问窗的痕迹。
Going around the opposite way, Conseil met up with me, and we returned to the middle of this cabin, which had to be twenty feet long by ten wide.
康塞尔从相反的方向走过来,碰着我;我们回到这舱房的中间,这舱房大约长二十英尺,宽十英尺。
As for its height, not even Ned Land, with his great stature 5, was able to determine it.
至于高度,尼德·兰身材虽高,也没有能衡量出来。
adj.急躁的;过敏的;易怒的
- He gets irritable when he's got toothache.他牙一疼就很容易发脾气。
- Our teacher is an irritable old lady.She gets angry easily.我们的老师是位脾气急躁的老太太。她很容易生气。
- When a boat got close enough to the whale, the harpooner threw his harpoon at it. 等船非常接近鲸鱼时,鱼叉手就以鱼叉向它投射。 来自互联网
铆接( rivet的过去式和过去分词 ); 把…固定住; 吸引; 引起某人的注意
- I was absolutely riveted by her story. 我完全被她的故事吸引住了。
- My attention was riveted by a slight movement in the bushes. 我的注意力被灌木丛中的轻微晃动吸引住了。
adj. 大麻制的, 大麻的
- The net destined to support the car was made of very solid hempen cord. 承受着吊篮的网子是用非常结实的麻绳编的。
- Plant the crop such as wheaten, corn, potato, horsebean, hempen, cole aptly, a year one ripe. 适宜种植小麦、玉米、马铃薯、蚕豆、大麻、油菜等作物,一年一熟。