英语听书《海底两万里》第106期 第8章 动中之动(9)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
The other replied with a shake of the head and added two or three utterly 1 incomprehensible words. Then he seemed to question me directly with a long stare.
他的同伴一边点头一边回答,讲了几句完全听不懂的话。然后他的眼光回过来,好像直接问我。
I replied in clear French that I wasn't familiar with his language; but he didn't seem to understand me, and the situation grew rather baffling.
我拿法国话回答他,说我不懂他的诸;但他似乎不懂我说的什么,这情形真叫我相当为难。
Still, master should tell our story,Conseil said to me. "Perhaps these gentlemen will grasp a few words of it!
先生就讲讲我们的经过情形好了,康塞尔对我说,这两位先生也许可能听懂几句!
I tried again, telling the tale of our adventures, clearly articulating my every syllable 2, and not leaving out a single detail.
我重新讲述我们遭遇的经过,每个音节都念得清楚,一点细节都没有遗漏。
I stated our names and titles; then, in order, I introduced Professor Aronnax, his manservant Conseil, and Mr. Ned Land, harpooner 3.
我说出我们的姓名和身份,然后我正式介绍我们:阿龙纳斯教授,他的仆人康塞尔,鱼叉手尼德·兰师傅。
The man with calm, gentle eyes listened to me serenely 4, even courteously 5, and paid remarkable 6 attention.
这个眼睛又温和又镇定的人,安详地、而且礼貌地、非常注意地听我说话。
adv.完全地,绝对地
- Utterly devoted to the people,he gave his life in saving his patients.他忠于人民,把毕生精力用于挽救患者的生命。
- I was utterly ravished by the way she smiled.她的微笑使我完全陶醉了。
n.音节;vt.分音节
- You put too much emphasis on the last syllable.你把最后一个音节读得太重。
- The stress on the last syllable is light.最后一个音节是轻音节。
- When a boat got close enough to the whale, the harpooner threw his harpoon at it. 等船非常接近鲸鱼时,鱼叉手就以鱼叉向它投射。 来自互联网
adv.安详地,宁静地,平静地
- The boat sailed serenely on towards the horizon.小船平稳地向着天水交接处驶去。
- It was a serenely beautiful night.那是一个宁静美丽的夜晚。
adv.有礼貌地,亲切地
- He courteously opened the door for me.他谦恭有礼地为我开门。
- Presently he rose courteously and released her.过了一会,他就很客气地站起来,让她走开。
adj.显著的,异常的,非凡的,值得注意的
- She has made remarkable headway in her writing skills.她在写作技巧方面有了长足进步。
- These cars are remarkable for the quietness of their engines.这些汽车因发动机没有噪音而不同凡响。