英语听书《海底两万里》第91期 第7章 一种从未见过的鱼(14)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
Ned Land had clear views on the issue. Conseil and I could only line up behind him.
对这,尼德·兰也早有他的看法:我们—康塞尔和我——只能同意他。
But then, I said, does this contraption contain some sort of locomotive mechanism 1, and a crew to run it?
那么,这只船里面是不是有一套驾驶机器和一批驾驶人员?
Apparently 2, the harpooner 3 replied. And yet for the three hours I've lived on this floating island, it hasn't shown a sign of life.
我说。当然有,鱼叉手答,不过,我上这浮动小岛已三小时了,它还没有一点动静。
This boat hasn't moved at all?
这船一直没有走动吗?
No, Professor Aronnax. It just rides with the waves, but otherwise it hasn't stirred.
没有走动,阿龙纳斯先生。它只是随波飘荡,而不是它自己动。
But we know that it's certainly gifted with great speed.
可是,我们都知道,它移动的速度很大。
Now then, since an engine is needed to generate that speed, and a mechanic to run that engine, I conclude: we're saved.
正因为它有这样的速度,所以就必然有一套机器,和一批操纵机器的人,所以,我的结论是…我们是得救了。
Humph! Ned Land put in, his tone denoting reservations.
晤!尼德·兰带着保留的语气说。
n.机械装置;机构,结构
- The bones and muscles are parts of the mechanism of the body.骨骼和肌肉是人体的组成部件。
- The mechanism of the machine is very complicated.这台机器的结构是非常复杂的。
adv.显然地;表面上,似乎
- An apparently blind alley leads suddenly into an open space.山穷水尽,豁然开朗。
- He was apparently much surprised at the news.他对那个消息显然感到十分惊异。