英语听书《海底两万里》第101期 第8章 动中之动(4)
时间:2019-02-17 作者:英语课 分类:《海底两万里》中英双语有声读物
英语课
Master must learn patience, said the emotionless Conseil.
愿先生耐心些。冷静的康塞尔说。
This sudden illumination of our cabin enabled me to examine its tiniest details. It contained only a table and five stools.
舱房的突然明亮正好使我可以仔细地看一下里面的环境。
Its invisible door must have been hermetically sealed. Not a sound reached our ears.
房中只有一张桌子和五张凳子。看不见门户,想是闭得很紧密。
Everything seemed dead inside this boat. Was it in motion, or stationary 1 on the surface of the ocean, or sinking into the depths? I couldn't tell.
没有什么声响传到我们耳边来。在这艇的内部似乎是死一般的沉寂。它是走着呢,在海面上呢,还是在海底下呢?我没有法子猜测。
But this luminous 2 globe hadn't been turned on without good reason. Consequently, I hoped that some crewmen would soon make an appearance.
不过那个光明的球总不会无缘无故地亮起来。我估计船上就会有人来。
If you want to consign 3 people to oblivion, you don't light up their dungeons 4.
如果人家忘记了我们,人家便不会使这所黑牢亮起来。
I was not mistaken. Unlocking noises became audible, a door opened, and two men appeared.
我果然没有想错。不久就听到门闩响,门开了,两个人走进来。
adj.固定的,静止不动的
- A stationary object is easy to be aimed at.一个静止不动的物体是容易瞄准的。
- Wait until the bus is stationary before you get off.你要等公共汽车停稳了再下车。
adj.发光的,发亮的;光明的;明白易懂的;有启发的
- There are luminous knobs on all the doors in my house.我家所有门上都安有夜光把手。
- Most clocks and watches in this shop are in luminous paint.这家商店出售的大多数钟表都涂了发光漆。
vt.寄售(货品),托运,交托,委托
- We cannot agree to consign the goods.我们不同意寄售此货。
- We will consign the goods to him by express.我们将以快递把货物寄给他。