美国语文第六册 第56期:我的演说经历(5)
时间:2019-02-11 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第六册
英语课
and were no judges of acting—as I swept to and fro in that magnificent robe, with outstretched arms and uplifted eyes, 对于我到底表现得如何无从判断——我拖着那件华丽的袍子在地上扫来扫去,夸张地伸着胳膊,眼睛上挑,
when I came to passages like the following, where an apostrophe was called for: 当时我朗诵的好像是下面这段,有的地方要求省略:
"And near him the she wolf stirred the brake, And the copper 1 snake breathed in his ear, “在他旁边,这条母狼扳着闸,紫色蝮蛇在他耳畔咝咝作响,
Till he, starting, cried, from his dream awake, 'Oh, when shall I see the dusky lake, And the white canoe of my dear!'" 直到他从梦里惊醒开始大喊,‘啊,当我看到那条黑魆魆的湖,我朝思暮想的白舟!’”
Or like this: "On beds of green sea flowers thy limbs shall be laid; 或像这首:“你爬到绿绿的海中花圃上,
Around thy white bones the red coral shall grow, Of thy fair yellow locks, threads of amber 2 be made, And every part suit to thy mansion 3 below;" 在你白白的骨头周围,长出的是红珊瑚你那一缕金黄的头发,就像琥珀的丝线一样,与下面的宅邸那样相符;”
throwing up my arms, and throwing them out in every possible direction as the spirit moved me, or the sentiment prompted; 我的胳膊向前伸展,随着情绪或情感提示而伸向各个方向;
for I always encouraged my limbs and features to think for themselves, 因为我始终调动四肢和面部表情来所思和所动,
and to act for themselves, and never predetermined, never forethought, a gesture nor an intonation 4 in my life; 在我的演说生涯里我从不会预先决定,从不会事先考虑一个姿势或一个语调。
n.铜;铜币;铜器;adj.铜(制)的;(紫)铜色的
- The students are asked to prove the purity of copper.要求学生们检验铜的纯度。
- Copper is a good medium for the conduction of heat and electricity.铜是热和电的良导体。
n.琥珀;琥珀色;adj.琥珀制的
- Would you like an amber necklace for your birthday?你过生日想要一条琥珀项链吗?
- This is a piece of little amber stones.这是一块小小的琥珀化石。
n.大厦,大楼;宅第
- The old mansion was built in 1850.这座古宅建于1850年。
- The mansion has extensive grounds.这大厦四周的庭园广阔。
n.语调,声调;发声
- The teacher checks for pronunciation and intonation.老师在检查发音和语调。
- Questions are spoken with a rising intonation.疑问句是以升调说出来的。
标签:
美国语文